Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jemgee
    • By jemgee 3rd May 15, 6:30 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 31Thanks
    jemgee
    PE no longer at Two Saints Ormskirk
    • 3rd May 15, 6:30 PM
    PE no longer at Two Saints Ormskirk 3rd May 15 at 6:30 PM
    Did shopping as usual yesterday at Two Saints car park. Mr Blobby in a CP Plus jacket wandering around. All PE signs, cameras and ticket machines have disappeared since last weekend so I guess they left at the end of April. Lots of CP Plus signs cable tied at high level on lampposts but no sign of ticket machines as yet. Same 1 hour free parking.

Wonder what caused PE to sling their hook?
Page 1
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 3rd May 15, 6:50 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    • 3rd May 15, 6:50 PM
    • 3rd May 15, 6:50 PM
    NOT POSTED AS HELP OR ASSISTANCE

this is the second loss to them (probably more we don't know about) in the last few weeks.

Parking Eye , after the CC case are now seen as a liability , the publicity for them is not going well.

Owners of car parks are now worried that they will be liable to pay refunds to drivers if the Supreme court goes against them.****

there are also situations in Scotland where car park owners are simply killing the power to ANPR setups managed by CEL , until there court case is finalised.

page 35 of todays "independent" regarding PE http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/chip-shop-owner-raises-6000-in-24-hours-to-take-parking-fine-appeal-to-supreme-court-10221661.html?origin=internalSearch

*** a quote from the independent , that must worry car park owners

"If victorious, Mr Beavis might set a precedent allowing millions of drivers to claim refunds from parking companies. Before one hearing Professor Stephen Glaister, director of the RAC Foundation, a transport research charity, said: “Tens of millions of pounds hang on this case.”

Last edited by enfield freddy; 03-05-2015 at 7:05 PM.
    • Shell2015
    • By Shell2015 3rd May 15, 7:17 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Shell2015
    • 3rd May 15, 7:17 PM
    • 3rd May 15, 7:17 PM
    It is interesting to see the effect this entire thing is having on the PPC's, Beavis was not as big a win as they seem to think.

It does seem to be coming crumbling down around them just as clamping did. Hopefully it remains on this course.

I know in our case the landowner did not seem too worried about the risks, kinda hoping they get stung for the costs eventually for taking such a back seat.

((I would PM you about your very interesting new signature Freddy but guessing you don't want/cant recieve PM's currently, you will have to tell the story some time))
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 3rd May 15, 7:21 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    • 3rd May 15, 7:21 PM
    • 3rd May 15, 7:21 PM
    yes , PM service now turned off

shell2015 , the Bevis case is far from over , it is going to get as far as the supreme court shortly

must go , back to the good housekeeping and knitting forum
    • Shell2015
    • By Shell2015 3rd May 15, 7:28 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Shell2015
    • 3rd May 15, 7:28 PM
    • 3rd May 15, 7:28 PM
    shell2015 , the Bevis case is far from over , it is going to get as far as the supreme court shortly
    Originally posted by enfield freddy
    Oh I am well aware of that still hoping the RACF and CA put up their QC's for this one.

I always had you pegged for a knitter Freddy, it's those fantastical scarves you wear!
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 3rd May 15, 7:41 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    • 3rd May 15, 7:41 PM
    • 3rd May 15, 7:41 PM
    PS the RACF , http://www.racfoundation.org/

not the RAC , just a small(er) motoring organisation

every person non related to forums think that the RACF is the actual , rolling in money RAC .
  • ColliesCarer
    • 3rd May 15, 8:32 PM
    • 3rd May 15, 8:32 PM
    PE no longer at Two Saints Ormskirk - GOOD

and the more landowners that wake up and chuck them out the better
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 3rd May 15, 8:36 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    • 3rd May 15, 8:36 PM
    • 3rd May 15, 8:36 PM
    a nice and true readers comment on the indipendants page (scroll down)

"Parking eye are the company that the labour government gave £100,000 start-up loan , they then retained 8% of shares and profits until the sell off to capita

Alabepraised
    • Cygnus Alpha
    • By Cygnus Alpha 4th May 15, 12:21 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    Cygnus Alpha
    • 4th May 15, 12:21 PM
    • 4th May 15, 12:21 PM
    a nice and true readers comment on the indipendants page (scroll down)

"Parking eye are the company that the labour government gave £100,000 start-up loan , they then retained 8% of shares and profits until the sell off to capita

Alabepraised
    If you read the full comment, he also claims it was Labour who introduced the POFA which is demonstrably untrue. So likely that the commenter was just a party stooge for either the Tories, Lib Dems, UKIP or the SNP.

Best to keep party politics out of this and stay united against the PPCs.
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 4th May 15, 1:36 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    If you read the full comment, he also claims it was Labour who introduced the POFA which is demonstrably untrue. So likely that the commenter was just a party stooge for either the Tories, Lib Dems, UKIP or the SNP.

Best to keep party politics out of this and stay united against the PPCs.
    Originally posted by Cygnus Alpha

I cannot see the person on the independent's comments page mentioning POFA,

lets go thru the words he wrote

""Parking eye are the company that the labour government gave £100,000 start-up loan , they then retained 8% of shares and profits until the sell off to capita

Alabepraised "

there , not one mention of POFA !

however his comments regarding the quango (regional development fund) , are clearly true and viewable online.

shows what any and all serving government's think of there voters, after being elected
    • Cygnus Alpha
    • By Cygnus Alpha 4th May 15, 1:42 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    Cygnus Alpha
    I cannot see the person on the independent's comments page mentioning POFA,

lets go thru the words he wrote

""Parking eye are the company that the labour government gave £100,000 start-up loan , they then retained 8% of shares and profits until the sell off to capita

Alabepraised "

there , not one mention of POFA !

however his comments regarding the quango (regional development fund) , are clearly true and viewable online.

shows what any and all serving government's think of there voters, after being elected
    You are right he does not mention POFA by name but one of the replies is clearly alluding to it and claims Labour brought in it. Read it here and you'll see what I mean.

This law was introduced re DVLA, by Labour, as a trade off to stop the Clampers!
    We should not bring party politics into it. We should stay united against the PPC.
    Last edited by Cygnus Alpha; 04-05-2015 at 1:47 PM.
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 4th May 15, 1:50 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    yes true but what do newspaper reporters know? , they are showing signs that are related to counsil parking

with the "footer" 75 councils use car-mounted cameras to automatically issue drivers with fines (Getty)

bit stupid when the article is about private parking

• thehig
    • By thehig 4th May 15, 8:50 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    thehig
    I have two ongoing appeals with Parking Eye for this carpark, one me and another the other half.
    Will this have any effect its at the POPLA stage now appeals already sent to POPLA assessor.
    CC1 - Owed £4500 ( Now owe £0)
    CC2 - Owed £4700 ( Now owe £0)
    CC3 - Owed £1800 (Now owe £0)
    CC4 - Owed £1500 (Now owe £0)
    CC5 - Owed £553 (now owe £0)
    • ezerscrooge
    • By ezerscrooge 5th May 15, 3:00 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    ezerscrooge
    I am helping a friend with their appeal to POPLA who overstayed here. After doing a bit of digging, I found out that the retail park was sold on 22nd January 2015.

So a good question for the POPLA appeals (do a follow-up) is 'landowner authority' and 'valid contracts'. It is no longer owned by Deco 12 - UK 4 plc.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12223786.html
    • Ivor Pecheque
    • By Ivor Pecheque 5th May 15, 4:20 PM
    • 701 Posts
    • 1,286 Thanks
    Ivor Pecheque
    Fab news, never underestimate the opinion of your customer.
    Illegitimi non carborundum
  • husheechee
    Parking eye
    P.E have also been kicked out of Whitlingham Country Park near Norwich...P.E......the walls are crumbling!!!!!"!
  • husheechee
    And they've been kicked out 2 years before their contract expires...now that's gotta be worth a snigger.....so the constant battering of the trust by the ordinary folk who use the park and were fed up with the harassment from P.E has had the desired effect...bye bye P.E...think im gonna have another snigger at that
    • jemgee
    • By jemgee 7th May 15, 2:46 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    jemgee
    Just spoken to the local authority. Confirmed that they have had no planning application as yet. Spoke to CP+ who said they have just taken over the car park and that only 'temporary' signs have been put up but they would be installing ANPR cameras in the next month. I pointed out that they would need planning approval and was told they knew that. So now I will go back to the local authority to advise them that they may need their enforcement team to pay a visit
    • jemgee
    • By jemgee 11th May 15, 11:43 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    jemgee
    Whether by design or accident the sign in front of the disabled bays was at low level. I took a photo and will try to upload it - but what did surprise me was with a blue badge you can park for 3 hours not just the 1 like everybody else
    • jemgee
    • By jemgee 3rd Sep 16, 6:47 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    jemgee
    UPDATE ! PE are back at two saints !!

CP Plus are no more and lo and behold PE Signage as usual. May explain the posts about ZZPS?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

1,834Users online

Martin's Twitter