We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I had my first support call scam today !

Options
I've always wanted one of these to call me and it actually happened today with a muppet in thick Mumbai accent saying there was a problem with my router. I did enjoy stringing the idiot along eventually he asked me what OS I was using after I was pretended to be thick and not able to find things.

Opensuse 13.2 .......clunk.

What are other folks experiences ?
Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a " it's about your accident" one the other day , told him the line was bad and had him shouting down the phone at me before he twigged and cut me off
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wish all the recorded PPI reclaim calls would stop, takes all the fun out of winding up the caller.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,687 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Fightsback wrote: »
    I've always wanted one of these to call me and it actually happened today with a muppet in thick Mumbai accent saying there was a problem with my router. I did enjoy stringing the idiot along eventually he asked me what OS I was using after I was pretended to be thick and not able to find things.

Opensuse 13.2 .......clunk.

What are other folks experiences ?

We had a thread on here a while back, tried to keep them on the phone for as long as possible - there were some quite impressive results posted :rotfl:

They don't like being strung along, do they ?? :D
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If anyone knows Jamie Murray can you ask him to pay off his car loan, I'm fed up with the calls from the debt collectors.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,490 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    We had a thread on here a while back, tried to keep them on the phone for as long as possible - there were some quite impressive results posted :rotfl:

I managed over an hour onve :o
    GunJack wrote: »
    They don't like being strung along, do they ?? :D
    He ended up calling me a mother-sucker ... well, I think that's what it sounded like :D
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    when they ring from india , I put on my best Bangladeshis accent, and tell them what I think of india ,

mother sucker is one of my mild insults
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    A good call blocker (call gaurdian/true call) possibly? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121480349717

Has anybody reverse-hacked these support call scams. That would be impressive.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    why use windows+d , if using classic shell? , clicking on the extreme right of your lower toolbar (next to vol and network) takes you to desktop without using two fingers on a keyboard
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    ^ yer OK; I guess lots of ways of doing the same thing is a good thing;)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    ok , had me checking that one out ,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business