Suspect Winning Bid

Options
I have just sold an item where someone won after bidding in the final seconds.

I have looked on the feedback and i'm a bit worried. It has lots of people saying failed to pay, no response, and time waster. People have written this negative feedback under a positive icon.

I emailed them straight away stating they contact me as i'm concerned with the feedback and that they live 2.5hrs away from where I live for a £25 winning bid which is collection only.

I would much rather offer the item to the second chance who truly has 100% positive feedback.

What should I do?
Mortgage Feb 2015 £178,500 END 2043!!

MFW 2015 £100 /£1000

Watch this space, my MF end date will tumble!!

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    You should be patient.

If they don't pay after 2 days, file a NPB. Wait to close it, 4 days, and relist.
  • Collabora
    Collabora Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    If they bid and won in last seconds, then they most likely uses a snipe service, so most likely not aware until the snipe system emails them.

as others say be patient
  • sorryitsme
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I am new to ebay so still learning the ropes.
    It was just a number of my other items sold around the same time and all those buyers responded quickly, yet this one with negative feedback hasn't.

Thanks for the advice.

MFW 2015 £100 /£1000

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If the sellers that left negative comments opened non paying bidder cases and you have your preferences set to not allow bidders with more than 2 strikes then they wont have been allowed to bid.

More sellers need to file for non paying bidders.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• jobdone1
    jobdone1 Posts: 841 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    as a seller ebsy do not allow for negative feedback to be left for the non paying time wasters. The only thing you can do to start with is report a unpaid item case after two days and then wait a further four days before you can close the case if payment is still not recieved and get your fees refunded. But again no feedback can be left in a negative format. Wrong in my view.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    I guess it happens all the time. Someone just won 6 hatching eggs from me. Collection only and they live in Turkey. Really? And I have to wait 2 days to complain
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If all sellers bothered to go through the NPB process instead of leaving a lovely green positive for these people then these buyers would effectively ban themselves from eBay.

Sellers, make sure you have your setting set to exclude bidders with 2 or more non paying strikes, then assuming most sellers use the eBay process, these time wasters cannot bid.

However, OP you are in a tricky position as yours is a collection only item. Have a read of the sticky thread about the problems of collection only. Obviously you are wanting cash, so if you do go down the unpaid route then buyer can only close the dispute by using PayPal. This is always a gamble with collection only items, so do read the sticky thread.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sorryitsme
    Options
    A lot of the items I have been selling are large or job lot items. This one was a garage clearance so had to be collection only.

Thankfully the person responded to my message about concern of their negative feedback, and this morning a friend of theirs who lived 15 mins away came and collected the items.

I have a couple of items which are to be posted, but nobody has bid on them yet.

I have read the sticky, it does make a very interesting read!

MFW 2015 £100 /£1000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure