Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sad_gills_fan
    How long do your tyres last?
    • 1st Aug 07, 8:18 AM
    How long do your tyres last? 1st Aug 07 at 8:18 AM
    I have a Vauxhall Meriva (registered April 06) and I'm wondering about the tyres. I have only just gone over the 12000 mile mark and the garage are telling me that my tyres are within 1mm of the legal requirement.

I can't believe that standard road driving has caused my tyres to only last 12000 miles ... your thoughts?

History of tyres: Got front right wheel pushed into kerb in Jan (she shouldn't have turned left from her lane!), specifically asked assessor and garage to look at tyre .. they clearly didn't. Put in for 12 month service in April and they told me front right tyre was now illegal (1mm) but others ok (all 6mm) .. had row with Body Shop as they hadn't checked tyre but they have now changed it. They told me yesterday that my others were now only 3mm but at the service date (21 Apr), they were 6mm. Can a tyre wear 3mm in 3 months? Surely something is wrong?

Your help and advice would be appreciated.
    Ken Livingstone is my mother
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,124Posts Today

6,406Users online

Martin's Twitter