PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 25th January 2015

Options
O/S Daily Sunday 25th January 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine?
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, looks cold and frosty.

DH up and myself up enjoying first peaceful cuppas of the day. Boys still in their pits.

Dinner last night was chicken wraps with salad and skinny chips. We had a full English brunch late morning as DH and I needed to leave to go to the caravan meeting at 1pm, I remembered to get the beef out of the freezer to defrost ready for today’s lunch, I’ll be serving roasties, mash, carrots, broccolli, cauli in cheese sauce, peas, Yorkshires and gravy. The joint is a big piece so will need a while to cook. We’re going to visit the outlaws and my parents and we need to take MIL’s birthday prezzie as it’s her birthday this week, and we’re away next weekend and won’t get chance to visit.

Yesterday was a good day, caught up with several friends we haven’t seen for a while.

I’m really looking forward to our weekend away next weekend, we haven’t been away in the caravan since September last year – so will be good to get away.

Have peaceful Sundays’ everyone x

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thank you nmic for starting today's thread.

We both have nasty colds at the moment, but of course Himself wonders whether his could be flu!! I know where we caught it. When I went for my checkup at the breast clinic last week people were coughing and sneezing all over the place, and I said to him it will be miracle if we don't catch anything.

DGD1 and her boyfriend are coming for tea today so looking forward to that. I have spoken to her but not seen her since Christmas so it will be good to catch up on all her news.

It certainy isn't as cold here this morning, which is good, hopefully it will last.

I cooked a beautiful piece of silverside in the slow cooker yesterday and it is beautiful. We have it for lunch today but had a little yesterday and it was so tender.

Hester your fun with Norah takes me back to when my grandchildren were younger, they used to laugh at me because I always had glitter stuck to my face when we had been making cards.

Not much else going on here, except a lot of sound effects from across the room :)

Have a good day everyone and hugs to anyone who would like one

Candlelightx
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Late start to the day for me, I didn't get out of bed until 8, but I feel rested.

We might get a visit from DD1 today, if so it will be good to see her, next weekend we are having her middle two for a sleepover.

Time I made my porridge.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All
    Sorry to be MIA, but trying to get some more music onto the pc, and scan all the documents, and also doing my knitting/crochetting patterns so that I have them with me when I travel. Need to do some more photos too, but that is for another time, let alone videos, tapes, and slides.
    Taking the opportunity of multitasking, been having problems with my iPad, which I found is over full, so backing my photos onto here so I can clear some of them off the Pad, so thought I would pop in and say Hello :hello: especially to all the newbies, welcome.
    :wave: to all the usual suspects, and the lurkers too.

Still being very good about using the freezer up, or the store cupboard or both. Will need some fresh veg, though am using frozen veg up too. Made teacakes and scones, and some of those went back in the freezer, but the fruit pie I made has gone, as has the bakewell tarts, they went down very well, and the chocolate cake has one piece left. We even had a trifle to use some trifle sponges up which were open in the cupboard. While seeing a difference, the cupboards are not threatening to fall out, they are still well full. Might get DH baking with me, he always does the cleaning up around me as I am baking, as he hates a mess, but trying to involve him more in the actual baking ;);):D

After todays last effort on the pc, then I will need to put away what is not done, and concentrate on getting ready for our next trip on Saturday. Tomorrow I have the dentist, to put the crown on my front tooth, still being a bit sensitive with the temporary one on, so hope the finished products solves this, as this is what I went with in November!! Not liking this cold weather, not been in the UK for this part of January for the last few years, not sure I will be for the next few either.

LW Hope you have got some fur babies lines up
    Molly How are you doing, any date for your op yet? and how are M&D doing?
    HH Can see why the GC's love coming to yours
    Snoozer Think I would say bye bye to work, will give you a wave when we pass on Saturday.
    Hilly Nice to see you are doing Ok atm,
    (((hugs))), spoons, positive vibes all round, sorry if I have missed anyone. Take care everyone. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Not feeling well at all, spent yesterday on the settee, couldn't even lift my head!

Damp and overcast here, DD will do the shopping (she doesn't know it yet!) Need to strip my bed, maybe I can get DD to do that too!

Hugs to all, take care. XX
  • lonewhitewolf
    Options
    Good Morning All x
    Got loads done yesterday so today will be spent either in the kitchen baking or working out the meal plan for next month as DH loses his evening shift as the 30th so back to pulling in the purse strings.
    Need to work out what i have and what i need so i can do an online shop for next friday (save being tempted by offers on shelves)
    Animals fed and walked. Need to empty DW and do a little ironing (promise myself i am not going to let it build up again), then the day is mine.
    Got DD1 and DGD coming at 3 as she has seen a job she wants to apply for but wants DH to help her with her CV. She is worried that as she hasnt worked in the last 18 months she wont know what to put (i think giving birth and raising a child is a good enough reason)
    Anyhoo must get on. Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, fine, but not such a nice morning as yesterday. Stripped the bed, will put it out on the whirly for a while and finish it off in the dryer.

Turkey for supper tonight with plum sponge for dessert, need to get the plums out of the freezer.

Spent a while yesterday sorting out the fabric I had lying about in the sewing room, going to use the Go cutter to cut squares and strips out of the bits. I also found our travel iron, it will do fine to take to the P & Q class to press seams.I also found 2 pressing mats, so along with the small ironing board should help.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Not so cold here today although last night was very cold again. Got the bedding in the wm and I will hang it out for a while and will finish it off in the TD (I love saying that :D).

Going to see if OH wants to go over to the town where DD lives and have a walk around the town, there are many charity shops, and maybe have a bit of lunch out, she is on her placement and really enjoying it but it means she is working full time Mon - Fri so I will not see her as often.

Not sure about dinner tonight depends what we have for lunch, but I have some chicken out just in case, if not we can have it tomorrow.

Camelot hope you feel better soon x

Have good days all xx
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    its a very pleasant day here at the moment,so had a nice if solitary dogwalk,none of her chums were out but I was a bit later than usual.I've got the house to myself which is unusual,DGC stayed Fri night & then yesterday DS2 & DGF went away for a mini break.He has enrolled DGD on a little peoples dancing class run by a friend,apparently she loved it :)
    DH & DS1 have gone to the renovation house,DH needs some help with lifting a load of plasterboards upstairs.
    Not sure who is in for tea yet so it will have to be stretchable or freezable.I might do a bit of baking too.I also have a charity bag to fill up for Tuesday so might venture into the garage of doom:rotfl:so I'd better stop procrastinating.
    Camelot,poor you-hope you and the other poorlies feel better soon x
    C
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,080 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone - gosh it's late. Been raining during the night but nothing right now. Don't think it's meant to last.

Been up ages but spent a good while upstairs sorting out 'stuff' and now brought down a bagful of rubbish for the bin. The router is in our bedroom and there were three empty boxes and the assorted bits and pieces lying around (filters x 6 etc). That's because we've had four routers since the start of December - lightning strikes took them all out. Now when I leave for the week I unplug the router, just in case.

Watched a deer running around the field yesterday, in daylight. It must have got in and then panicked as there was someone walking a dog down the track (dog on lead cos of pregnant sheep). It ran around the edge of the walls but the walker was coming down the same side. It eventually had to go into the middle of the field and managed to get back to the woods. Usually I only see them in the morning or at dusk. We have three types here so there are plenty around.

Washing machine is on. Need to get some more of the tinned goods out of the kitchen and onto the new shelves in the outbuilding. Need to get the large bags of bird feed out of the living room into the outbuilding. Need to take loads of stuff to the tip.

Camelot - hope you feel better soon. Sorry you feel so rotten.

Got venison ragu for main meal today and sprouts (I love sprouts) and mash.

Hope everyone has a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport