PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 19th January 2015

Options
O/S Daily Monday 19th January 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Still dark, it’s very cold and frosty with a sprinkling of snow this morning.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work.

Lunch yesterday was roast lamb, was lovely there was clean plates all round. I managed to get some saved and put into the fridge so tomorrow night I’ll make a pot of gravy and re-heat the meat in that and do some veg to go with it. Dinner tonight will be breaded chicken goujons, we’ll have those with jacket potatoes, beans, cheese and side salad.

Yesterday we got all the admin and emails sorted that we needed to do, I have some letters to put in the post this morning. Once we’d eaten lunch it was a very chilled afternoon and evening.

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Of to work soon, hubby's still in bed he's not working today as he's working Saturday.

The fish have been fed & I've had porridge & a cuppa, cheese & biscuits in my packup today.

I have washing to hang over the maiden so best get it done before I go to work.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • lonewhitewolf
    Options
    Morning all x
    Well yesterday i spent most of the day organising my kitchen...Found some left over wholemeal flour so promptly made a loaf. Which i am eating with poached eggs right now.
    All washing done and dried. DW emptied and dog walked. So just to make sure they are all up and getting ready and then off to work.
    Got some bacon and some steak out of freezer. Bacon for DD and steak for a stew which will be made tonight for tomorrow.
    Anyhoo Hope everyone is feeling ok. Hugs to all xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Very cold here again today but still no snow, this week is meant to be very cold again so take care, and if you can please put food and water out for the birds.

Off to work for me day 4 of 8 so im getting a bit tired now, roll on Friday ! The roast OH cooked yesterday was delish, and there is enough left for tonight so nice easy meal when we get home.

I need to change DD's bed as my uncle is coming down Wed and will stay the night with us before collecting my mum and taking her back with him, she will be staying there a week or two, her new house is coming on well but stil needs a lot of work doing to it.

Right better get on, have good days all xx
  • MummyRivett
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Busy weekend, I made my full stint at the KonMarie Decluttering Method. I sorted out all of my shoes and folded all my carrier bags in to triangles. we then went to see my friend in her pantomime, really good.

Yesterday I taught my class, updated the website, went food shopping made a bread pudding with all the stale bread, made dinner with yellow label foods, nice and cheap. This morning I made porridge put the slow cooker on for a vegetable stew with more yellow label :) also using basics range from S. works out at 50p per head, not bad.

Anyway need to get dressed sort out the doggies and then off to work.

Have a great week everyone.

x
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

VERY cold here, will need to defrost the car this morning. It was a beautiful day yesterday, DD and I went to see the Kelpies near Falkirk, quite a long way but they are beautiful, lovely park they are in too and well worth a visit.

Also went in search of a wardrobe again, saw one I really like but it is quite expensive, will have to have a think! I have finished my bedroom fully now, the skirting boards and door frame are now painted so I am a happy bunny. It is always a nice feeling when something actually gets finished!

Had a full roast dinner with ham from the freezer (very large piece I cut up), ate far too much but really enjoyed it.

Hope you are all well, take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,094 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Really cold outside though nowhere near what the hysterical press said it would be. Was -2 where I was in Glasgow. Just had a load of ice on the windows as I cleared off the excess stuff yesterday. I would have left the snow on but wanted to move the car off a hill onto flat ground so it got iced up.

In the office, it's cold here to so got the heating going, and looking at a mournful pile of 'stuff to do'.

Had breakfast, got a couple of sad looking bananas which I'll have for lunch.

Hope everyone keeps well and warm.
  • mucky_moo
    Options
    Morning all

Haven't been on for a while as haven't got a PC at home so sneakily using a work one before my shift starts. :p

Hope your all well.

Trying to get back on the OS wagon as I don't like being broke. Although DH likes to spend money so struggling to bring him round completely. he moans about being broke but doesn't want to change much. :mad:

We had pheasant yday (we were supposed to have it Xmas day but I forgot to defrost it) and there's a little left over for DH to have sandwiches when he gets in, served with some tired looking potatoes and pickles left over from Xmas.

I did some baking yday. Some muffins which tasted more savory than sweet (that'll teach me for using sweetener instead of sugar) so not sure what ill do with them although they are yummy with cheese. I also made duffins as I keep buying them from work. At 80p a piece it was getting expensive. Will have to cost how much the hm ones are.

I made sausage casserole for dinner and have meal planned my main meals for the rest of the month and most of Feb. fingers crossed we can stick to it.

have almost caught up on my washing but still lots of housework to do. will try and tidy my bedroom and clothes when I get in and do another load of washing as well as plan what veg I want to grow this yr and plan when im going to seed what. I have lots of seeds to choose from. just need to start digging up the garden and get some compost. I dont have a composter yet, am going to build one as its really easy and wont cost the earth :D

hope you all have a fab day
    MMC
    Weight loss - 0/12 GC - July 142.01/£200 Happiness can be found in the darkest of places if only someone turns on the light
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Everyone away to work so i have the place to myself.

Going to spend the next hour or so on here (gives the painkillers time to work) then i will make a proper start to my Monday.

My usual daily and weekly jobs to do, dinner is out the freezer just got to peel spuds etc.

Have a good, warm and safe day everyone

Regards
    :j
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Brrr, it's cold and frosty here this morning but not as bad as further upcountry. I have to go out today to get my meds and some gas and electric so I will wrap up warm. I have a new hat with an owl brooch on it so I will give it it's maiden voyage this morning and have 'hat hair' for the rest of the morning :rotfl:.

I'm making beef burgers and turkey burgers for tea tonight. I've only just remembered to take the mince out so I hope it will defrost in time!
    I will do a few chips in the actifry as well. I anticipate clean plates all round this evening.

Meg is being very good, the only thing is she widdles a bit when someone comes in or she gets over excited. I have tried keeping things calm but am at a bit of a loss really as I've never had a dog do that before. She is only 5 months old so is still a baby. At least our Bissell is getting a good workout :D.

My eldest will be around in a minute with my grandson so I will go and get the kettle on. Hope everyone has a great day whatever they are up to. Take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure