PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sunday 18th January

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 18 January 2015 at 11:15PM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine

Morning all,

Cold here again and apparently the possibility of snow showers, work was so quiet yesterday the weather kept people away I think, and today will probably be the same.

We have a nice bit of pork for a roast later, I shall leave the OH in charge of it again, its nice coming home to a dinner having been at work all day.

DD staying for dinner tonight and I shall then run her and the hamster back, she is starting her uni placement at a drugs / homeless rehabilitation centre on Tuesday (dd not the hamster :D) and is really looking forward to it.

Right have good days all xx

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning all. We had quite a few snow showers yesterday which has left a good covering on the gardens and pavements. Fortunately the gritters were round regularly though so the roads are clear.

My day of Kondo-ing and clearing the wardrobes didn't really get going yesterday! I spent that much time de-cluttering jewellery, toiletries and books, I never got on with anything else! Though I did watch some u-tubes on how to fold socks, clothes etc Kon-Marie style for when I do start! Anyway the decluttered jewellery, toiletries etc are now cs bagged so that's a small start!

Easy day cooking wise today. I did a few individual fish pies yesterday to use up an abundance of mashed potato in the fridge. It's Mr TA's favourite and he said he's happy to have another today if any going spare! So one in the fridge for him! I have a longing for cauli cheese with some crispy bacon bits on top, so that's my lunch spoken for too.

I think we have a cold but quiet day in store for us in these parts so maybe we can wrap up warm this afternoon and have a treck up to the moors.

Have a good day all and take care x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

It's ffff freezing here again, the heating has come on overnight as it is so cold.

Molly, thinking about you, I hope you are ok. LW I hope you have some furry lodgers to stay, Mrs LW, I hope you are bearing up & coping with the builders ok. Hugs to anyone in need.

DGS is still asleep, so is hubby, I'm having a cuppa.

DGS will have a lesson on the sewing machine later, he wants to make a diglet, something to do with Pokemon, I think it would be easier to crochet as it looks a bit like a penis, oh well, that's small boys for you!

Chicken for lunch today with jacket potatoes, hubby has got his indoor garden going in the spare room, he has his plastic greenhouses up & has bought some soil indoors to warm up.

It's time I fed the fish & made some porridge.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    [QUOTE=redruby;6749257

DD staying for dinner tonight and I shall then run her and the hamster back, she is starting her uni placement at a drugs / homeless rehabilitation centre on Tuesday (dd not the hamster :D) and is really looking forward to it xx[/QUOTE]

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Hope dd enjoys her placement x
    Morning all

It's a cold one here and there is a covering of snow which looks decidedly icy :eek:

Dd2 is home for the weekend and full of cold she is supposed to meeting up with a friend but I'm hoping I can persuade her to stay and rest instead

We managed to sell the cross trainer yesterday , so hopefully it will be picked up today :T

Been down to see mum Friday and sat and she did seem a little brighter , I took her plenty of home cooked meals that she just needs to microwave , took a lot of dads stuff to the charity shop , he had 30 suits!! Anyway it's cleared a whole wardrobe :T
    Not sure what's for lunch will need to dip into the freezer

Have good days everyone
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

Just having a look through the OS threads whilst I have coffee.

Off to good friends today for lunch, where I will have a severe case of woodburner envy, would love one but just can't fit one in here.

Been to allotment to put onions, garlic and a couple more fruit business in, will plant all seeds on our return to visiting new baby Maisie at beginning of April.

Being back to meal planning really works for us, don't have any odd bits of food that I can't freeze or incorporate into another meal, realised that when I had half a bag of soggy spinach!

Have a good day all, keep warm and safe, hugs to whoever needs them.
    Carolbee
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, but looks frosty and cold outside.

DH and myself up enjoying first cuppas of the day. Boys still fast asleep in their pits.

Dinner last night was a naughty takeaway – we had a leaflet pushed through the door for a local takeaway that we haven’t used before that does home delivery – so as we’d been busy doing several different jobs yesterday we decided to have a takeaway – it was excellent so on the rare occasions that we do have takeaway we’ll use that one. I remembered to get the lamb out of the freezer so, lunch today is going to be roast lamb, roasties, mash, braised red cabbage, carrots, broccolli, peas, Yorkshires and gravy, with mint sauce for those that want it. Chilled afternoon – although we do have some emails and caravan admin work to attend to, I’ll prep the lunch, get it cooking, whilst that’s cooking, I’ll organise the pack-ups for tomorrow – so once we’ve had lunch my time is my own.

Back to work tomorrow.

Have peaceful Sunday’s everyone x

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Good morning all.

Feeling a bit worse for wear after some wine last night. My tweets make for interesting reading :eek::rotfl:

Will pop in the shower in a minute. Then do a menu planner & go to Ald1.

I'm starting my low carbing tomorrow. It does work for me as I'm a carb addict and it shows in my tummy. I look like I'm expecting.

Dinner tonight is gammon. It's from my Xmas meat pack. I'm not keen on gammon so will just have the egg & chips. I shall enjoy the chips as they will be off the menu for a good while.

Need to get some washing on. Himself is doing the ironing this afternoon. He likes to listen to the radio in the bedroom and do it. And who am I to argue!

I'm going to read that Marie kondo thread as I could do with having a good declutter rather than shoving things in cupboards or up in the loft.

Weather here is fine. It's rainy. No frost cos of the rain. It is cold though. Think we are due snow mid week so today will make sure ice got a few extra bits in. Will also get bread flour.

Ok, off for my shower now.

Have a good day all

Love, hugs and spoons x
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been lazy, haven't done much at all for a few days except crochet while watching episodes of Strike Back on DVD :D I've been crocheting circles, which I'll turn into squares for a couple of baby blankets.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hester thanks for the link to the free crochet books, I've downloaded them and have had a skim through them. There are a couple of things I want to try, I'll have to concentrate really hard because I'm used to UK stitch terms :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Considering I haven't moved much for a couple of days, my feet are very sore. I'm going to pamper them this morning – there's an old washing up bowl, foot scrub, towels, thick moisturiser and fluffy socks at the ready :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

Just sitting in bed drinking coffee before I motivate myself for other stuff. WM is on.

DH is sulking because DD is having her hen do over the Easter weekend. We used to go away then but haven't for a few years now, leaving it until the week after when it's not quite so busy. Don't really know what the problem is.

My sock, knicker and pj drawers are all tidy now but I do wonder how long it will last. I'd like to do my t shirts but they live in a wardrobe chubby hole, so not possible.

Anyway enjoy your day.
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

I had a really busy day yesterday and i didn't get online until about 9pm.

We have had some snow overnight it's really the first snow this winter.

Going to do a freezer inventory and menu plan this morning as hubby is working this morning.

Made arrangements yesterday to go and visit some friends i am really looking forward to that i haven't seen them since before xmas.

Have a safe, warm and productive day everyone

regards
    :j
  • lonewhitewolf
    Options
    Good morning all x
    another one here feeling the effects of a good liquid night.
    Had a curry takeaway last night which was yummy.
    Spent yesterday organising my clothes using the konmari way...this morning was a pleasure to get dressed as i could see everything without rummaging.
    Need to tackle the ironing today and change my bedding.
    Anyhoo off for more coffee and painkillers so hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family