IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Liverpool Airport PCN second stage.

Options
Hi I copied the appeal letter as advised and received this reply. What is the next stage for me. Some background information. I picked my sister up from Liverpool Airport stopped on the road and she jumped in. I was stationary for 11 seconds. My partner who is the registered keeper then received the PCN.

Here is the letter

We acknowledge receipt of your appeal (representations) received 5th December 2014 in relation to the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Please note that we are proceeding on the reasonable assumption that you were the driver of the vehicle on the date in question unless you are able to prove the contrary.

Whilst we understand your concern at receiving a Notice, it is entirely the motorists responsibility to ensure that they adhere to the Terms and Conditions of use for the airports private access roads.

The roadway in question is part of a high security zone and as such motorists are clearly advised not to park, stop or wait on double yellow lines, red route zones or roadways at any time. Such actions may also pose an obstruction or danger to other road users. There are numerous warning signs in place along the private access roads.

In response to your comments, we can confirm that on the 23rd November 2014, you stopped your vehicle in a prohibited area. Please be advised that our signage located throughout the area clearly state "No Stopping At Any Time". It is the motorist's responsibility to ensure that he/she is fully aware and compliant with the Terms and Conditions of this area.

You have raised a number of points in your appeal which are not appropriate for us to deal with at this stage. Please note that, as members of the Independent Parking Committee (IPC) it is necessary for us to evidence to the IPC that we have relevant authority to undertake enforcement activity at the site concerned and that our signs in situ are compliant in setting out the relevant terms and conditions of use. We will defend the points you have raised as appropriate should the matter proceed to the Independent Appeals Service IAS and/or court. We have therefore dealt with the pertinent points in your appeal below."

We are satisfied that the Parking Charge Notice has been issued correctly and your appeal (representations) is therefore rejected. We will not accept any further appeals.

They have advised us that we should either pay the fine or if we believe the decision is incorrect we can appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS).

What is the next plan of action?
Thanks for any help or advise you may provide.
Daz

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    first job is to edit post #1 and remove the I, me , myself etc

change to , the driver, the occupants etc

then you can either appeal to the IAS and see what transpires (probably a pompous refusal ) or ignore until you possibly receive an LBC or an MCOL (waiting could be for up to 6 years)

bear in mind the RK has to do any appeal , citing POFA 2012 and stating they are not the driver (but do not reveal who was driving at all)
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    "High security zone"

Are they saying that sending a fake fine to a motorist a couple of weeks after the event is going to deter a car-bomber?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,522 Forumite
    Options
    The roadway in question is part of a high security zone and as such motorists are clearly advised not to park, stop or wait on double yellow lines, red route zones or roadways at any time. Such actions may also pose an obstruction or danger to other road users. There are numerous warning signs in place along the private access roads.

So their charge can only be a deterrent - it can't possibly be a contractual term. GPEOL applies.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • dazzal69
    Options
    TBH I am not clued up at all in this area would I be better to appeal to IAS or ignore all together. Please remember that the letter is issued to my partner and not me. So I am getting loads of grief of her! haha

Like what does LBC or MCOL mean.
    Also GPEOL?????
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    try reading the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    So their charge can only be a deterrent - it can't possibly be a contractual term. GPEOL applies.

Good point, but the IAS weasel will probably dismiss it with Beavis vs. Butthead.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • dazzal69
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    try reading the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum
    thanks got all the abbreviations now!
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    When you have read through some / all of the newbies thread ......

try and have a read through the many threads on Liverpool JLA to see a full picture of this scam. (do forum search)
    It would take a fair bit of typing to list all the faults / contraventions / and down right illegality that this company are implicit in ......

as in .... being invoiced for stopping using parking practice! incorrect usage of APRN cameras , illegal access to the DVLA for information, bypassing local bye laws......
    When you have read through some of the threads you may feel like complaining to the DVLA as they are breaching data protection !

I amongst many others are doing such.

Oh you might be interested to watch 'Rip Off Britain ' on the 14th Wednesday as they are doing a feature on this!

Ralph:cool:
  • dazzal69
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    When you have read through some / all of the newbies thread ......

try and have a read through the many threads on Liverpool JLA to see a full picture of this scam. (do forum search)
    It would take a fair bit of typing to list all the faults / contraventions / and down right illegality that this company are implicit in ......

as in .... being invoiced for stopping using parking practice! incorrect usage of APRN cameras , illegal access to the DVLA for information, bypassing local bye laws......
    When you have read through some of the threads you may feel like complaining to the DVLA as they are breaching data protection !

I amongst many others are doing such.

Oh you might be interested to watch 'Rip Off Britain ' on the 14th Wednesday as they are doing a feature on this!

I've read loads on Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Most people are being advised to ignore! But if debt collector letters start coming then she'll kill me! haha

What does complaining to the DVLA involve or gain?

Will deffo watch rip of Britain I'll put in on to record now!
    Thanks
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    I've read loads on Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Most people are being advised to ignore! But if debt collector letters start coming then she'll kill me! haha

I know there is a lot to read , BUT ignore is not what is being suggested, except .... letters from debt collectors.

Can I please send you some debt letters from the debt collection company that I started ... 5 mins ago ?

I have exactly the same powers as they do .... so please pay me what I ask or else you will be in big Big BIG trouble !

{back on track}
    When you read the threads on this forum make sure you note dates that they have been written / posted ..... older ones will have different messages / outcomes ..... For instance VCS used to be easily beaten using appeals to Popla , they then moved to a different (so called independent) trade body who refuse a far far higher number of appeals in secret.

What does complaining to the DVLA involve or gain?

If people who have been helped on this illustrious forum (and others) had all complained the DVLA (where appropriate) regarding breaches in data protection / POFA then you would not have got this speculative invoice

Complaining should be easy to do ... This was my effort http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67400679#post67400679

there are others probably far better than mine.

Will deffo watch rip of Britain I'll put in on to record now!

Don't hold your breath to much, I am not expecting it to be to factual / up to date .... despite my being in it and constantly passing information on to the team! We can wait and see ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport