PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Another use for an ironing board

Never thought of this before but I am using it now and it is great. Workspace in an instant and I can move it at a moments notice.

https://twitter.com/redhillmum/status/545510806763630592/photo/1

;)

Comments

• grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I use mine to hold the contents of my fridge or freezer when I am steam cleaning it or defrosting the freezer. I just set it up right next to the fridge. I even set it up in the garage when I am tidying out a cupboard or the freezer there.
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    grunnie wrote: »
    I use mine to hold the contents of my fridge or freezer when I am steam cleaning it or defrosting the freezer. I just set it up right next to the fridge. I even set it up in the garage when I am tidying out a cupboard or the freezer there.

Great idea! I always have food all over the work surface (have tiny kitchen) when defrosting. I will def have to remember your tip.

Ta!

;)
  • Can be used as a sledge in the snow to. :)
  • sb44 wrote: »
    Never thought of this before but I am using it now and it is great. Workspace in an instant and I can move it at a moments notice.

https://twitter.com/redhillmum/status/545510806763630592/photo/1

;)

I've done that - and at full height it makes a much cheaper alternative to those fancy standing desks (which are meant to be good for your back). My bedroom dresser is currently performing desk duty - much better than sitting down ;)
    Not buying it! 2015

:) purely aspirational username - still wading through clutter and striving to cut back on unnecessary stuff...
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    A surf board ?
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • phizzimum
    phizzimum Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We've used ours as an extra dining table when we've had lots of guests
    weaving through the chaos...
  • I've used my ironing board as a temporary sewing table for my sewing machine when the kitchen table is in use, it works well for me
  • This is a true story ....I left my son with a babysitter(he was about 7) and I came home early to find him sliding down the stairs on my ironing board!! It wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have a glass panelled front door. I still shudder to think what might have happened....needless to say I found a new babysitter quite quickly.
    So,not a use I would recommend.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've used my ironing board as a temporary sewing table for my sewing machine when the kitchen table is in use, it works well for me

i do this alot as well!
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • 1of3
    1of3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Great for using to wrap presents on! Saves a lot of bending and lifting
    NOT BUYING IT 2018!

Consumerism is.....buying things you don't need with money you don't have to impress people you don't know and probably wouldn't like even if you did know them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure