Right to cancel?

Options
Hopefully an easy question, I'm just not "in the know" when it comes to stuff like this.

Bought some stationary supplies from a company called ecoburotic who I've been used for a little while. The gentleman i was speaking to had a very strong french accent and he was aware i had trouble understanding him. When we confirmed the order and he told me the final price i was bit surprised but i thought rather than start trying to ask him individual prices, i'd wait for the email order confirmation as it's tells me all the prices.

After looking at the email and doing a bit of research, I've order stationary for £145 when i could have got everything for £45 at my local WHsmith!
I then immediately emailed the agent explaining the price were ridiculously high and i wanted to cancel the order.

I have received no reply and the items are to be delivered today.

I read their T&C's and they state the do not accept returns.

Note - I have not paid for theses items yet as i bought them on behalf of the company i work for and we pay their invoices on receipt.

The questions i have are:
Am i allowed to cancel the order even though their T&C's state no refunds under the Consumer Contracts Regulations?
Can i refuse to accept delivery so the items go back to them?

Thank you guys in advance :)

Comments

• zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    b to b terms are different to c to b, and I am afraid you may have brought them. I suggest you ask this in the small business section http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    As a business contract you have no right to cancel. The Consumer contracts regulations are called Consumer for a reason.

As a Business to business transaction you can only go on the terms of business you bought under, you need to read it to find your rights.
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    Why do you need to buy printer supplies from company based in France?
    Their reviews do not look good:

https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/ecoburotic.fr
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Mini_Lady_Lou
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    As a business contract you have no right to cancel. The Consumer contracts regulations are called Consumer for a reason.

As a Business to business transaction you can only go on the terms of business you bought under, you need to read it to find your rights.

I wasn't aware that the word consumer was applicable solely for personal use? I've always assumed that consumer meant anyone who purchases goods and/or services.
    Thank you for bring that to my attention.

So i assume that i have no other options but to absorb the cost?
  • Mini_Lady_Lou
    Options
    I wasn't even aware they were based in France! They called me a while back and offered good prices at the time.

I work for my fathers company which is a small building maintenance company and to be honest i'm learning as i'm going along. Definitely going to research future suppliers before agreeing to purchase from them.
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    I wasn't even aware they were based in France!

The caller's strong French accent was a big clue.....
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    They called me a while back and offered good prices at the time

Rule number one in business.

Never ever buy from a company that cold calls you, especially if you can't understand the person calling you.

Hopefully you haven't had any calls about your electricity?
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As they're presumably personalised goods too, even a consumer won't be able to return them.

Never sign to anything without seeing terms and conditions first.
    💙💛 💔
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport