Online Scrabble for 2?

Options
I would like to play Scrabble online with a friend who lives a long way away, in the manner of the old postal chess, a move a day.

Neither of us is on Facebook or has a smartphone. I have found various mentions of "free online Scrabble" but I'm very nervous of downloading anything as in the past I have been bombarded with pop-ups etc when trying to find something useful.

So do any of you knowledgeable people know of a bombproof game we can join? It must be one where we can just choose to play each other and allow up to several days between moves.

TIA
Deal with things as they are, not as they should be.

Comments

• PlymouthMaid
    Options
    Try Lexulous. I play via facebook and an app on the tablet but I think you can play directly:
    http://www.lexulous.com/
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • Solarjunkie
    Options
    Thankyou Mylover (in my best Devon accent). I tried the pre-sign up Lexulous and it seems almost exactly what I've been looking for, but it had a spinning logo on it saying "waiting for opponent" and it was not only very distracting but also covered up part of the board! Does this continue on the full game, or is there any way of at least moving it to a different bit of the board?
    Thanks.
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Solarjunkie
    Options
    Just what I was after - thanks Mr T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure