IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking - Advice

Options
Sandpit_Man
Sandpit_Man Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 2 October 2014 at 7:47PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi, newbie here!

I often work abroad and have just returned home to a "first" letter, which was in July at my local Asda.

Interestingly I never received a PCN when it happened or by post since so wondered whether this is anything to raise?

I actually used Asda twice the same morning afternoon and parked in roughly the same area. Having checked earlier there signs mention nothing about same day return visits.

I've read the sticky's and appreciate teh standard letter templates etc.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    either you received a windscreen ticket followed by an NTK within 28 to 56 days

or you didnt get any windscreen ticket and received an NTK within 14 days , with 28 days to appeal it

so the timeline is crucial here, but just use the standard template letter and appeal it anyway ASAP (post #1 of the newbies thread)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Smart Parking often cancel even when the appeal template is sent late (and you can submit it online so it wont even cost you a stamp). They don't like arguing with us!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sandpit_Man
    Options
    Just to advise that I sent the standard template letter and despite it being sent late and me subsequently receiving a Notice of intended court action from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd that I received an email from Smart parking Ltd yesterday cancelling my PCN :T:j

I've emailed asking for a letter from DRP Ltd confirming said action has been dropped etc.

So many thanks for the templates and the formative information on this site :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, Smart fold even when people send the template appeal late. Thanks for confirming the outcome!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure