IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Norwich Traffic Control ; Help Please

Options
Norwich Traffic Control- help please
hello,

it's my first time posting in this great forum, so correct me and point me to the right area if I am wrong. I parked my car on the road, when I attended the Car auction in Wymondham, on Copper smith way Nr18 0wy. I returned to discover that I have a ticket on the windshield. I taught it was a joke, as there were othe cars parked there. There were no yellow lines, it's in an industrial quiet estate and it was 7pm in the evening. I opened the ticket and found it was from Norwich Tracffic Control, I looked around and noticed the signs which were on the posts. You will not notice the sign as it's on the side of the road. I simply cannot believe they issued me the ticket whilst other cars were parked there and it's a quiet road in an industrial estate. it's not the first time I have parked there. I have to pay 60 fine in 14days or 100 in 28 days. I really need your help as to how I appeal this fraud, and would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. letters of appeal templates and links to where I can obtain information on this Dodgy company would be welcomed.

Comments

• Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Read the newbie thread at the top of the forum. All you need to know is there to appeal this PCN.
    But don't appeal yet, we always say to wait for the notice to keeper.

So whilst waiting acquaint yourself with the process.
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    welcome to the forum

not sure which 4 letter F word (fool) told you its a 4 letter F word (fine) as its actually a 7 letter I word (INVOICE)

presumably this industrial estate is a private estate with private roads so you have received a private parking charge invoice

also you seem to have missed the sticky threads at the top of this forum, one of which is for NEWBIES and tells you everything you need to know, template letters and a flow chart too

just read and follow it
  • nathorpe
    nathorpe Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bigilote,

I know exactly where you mean. I work nearby and the landowner brought NTC to sign and ticket the place last November to prevent us from parking on the roadway when the various business car parks were full (much to everyone's annoyance).

I've had two tickets from NTC in the last year (at a different location) and if you follow the instructions in the newbie thread they'll likely reject your first appeal - if you make one - issue a POPLA code, and then not bother to defend a properly worded POPLA appeal, meaning you win by default.

Good luck!
  • DaveF327
    DaveF327 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Having had a look at the area on google streetview, I think you have a good case.

You say yourself that you only noticed the signs AFTER you received the ticket. Any contract between two parties has to have some basis of understanding and acceptance. You had neither until after you were notified of a breach.

In addition, there is no clear demarcation between the public highway and private land. There are no signs on entering or leaving which instruct drivers (in a manner visible to a reasonable and competent driver while driving at a safe speed while exercising due care and attention to the road ahead) to consult the small print signs on lampposts, which are sparsely spread out.

Crucially, there are no yellow lines, which would be the most reasonable means of indicating to a reasonable driver that the landowner does not wish them to park there. Even retail parks paint their access roads with a recognisable means of discouraging parking in prescribed areas. Even if there were a single yellow line, this would encourage a reasonable driver to take a short walk to check out a nearby sign for any waiting restrictions. Even on a public highway, if any pre-existing yellow lines were missing for such a stretch that a reasonable driver would not expect there to be a waiting restriction in force, then any adjudicator would uphold an appeal even if a valid traffic regulation order is in force. A judge in a civil case would use the same discretion when presented with the same evidence.

Stick to your guns and fight this. The invoice you have received is unfair and unreasonable. Gather evidence. Take photographs. Prove whether their parking restrictions have been reasonably communicated to drivers entering the site at typical driving speeds and parking in a spot nowhere near any sign on an unmarked road.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure