Decent cheap trainers advice please

Options
My trainers are quite old (I know, :o ) and I need a new pair but don't want to spend too much.

I have always bought Asics cheaply because I found the older lines, especially in Sport Direct they have a lot of offers.

This year I have seen a lot of Karrimor trainers on offer there, are they any good? The Asics were nor as cheap as before.

I need them for general workouts and very light jogging, not for running long distance.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't touch Karimoor. Adidas or New Balance?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    If you are trail running Karimor are okayish, for anything else they are pretty poor. Indiekid is about right.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • dandelionclock30
    Options
    If your running in them at all, I'd get a pair of proper running trainers. Go somewhere like Up and Running and ask them what they suggest and then come home and try and get the recommended pair online cheaper.
    I really hurt my foot from running in Nike Air Max 95 trainers and I didnt know at the time about fashion trainers that make out their for running and proper running ones.
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a pair of karrimor and they're... alrightish. I don't run properly though.

I've always done well in asics. They mightn't be just as cheap as you'd like, but I'd personally prefer to save up a wee bit longer and get something I know works for me.
  • smithers1981
    smithers1981 Posts: 825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    karrimour are now owned by sports direct which is why the place is flooded with them, I don't see too many Olympians sporting karrimour so I personally would avoid.
  • smithers1981
    smithers1981 Posts: 825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    At least 4 different spellings so far........ Doesn't say much for their marketing team!
  • dandelionclock30
    Options
    Well they are trying to sell them not get people to spell them. If anyone is reading this and wants a pair or waterproof walking shoes then dont get Karrimors as they leak.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ok thank you all, I had a feeling that Karrimor are not the best choice and I will save to get Asics which have always served me well.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good prices here for asics if you know which shoe suits you
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • JohnnyJet
    JohnnyJet Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do a lot of running and have always bought Asics. I have bought cheap and expensive pairs and haven't found a lot of difference between them apart from the durability. I have bought from SportsShoes.com who are pretty cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure