Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones - £139.99 (was £279.99)

Options
cheapaschips801
cheapaschips801 Posts: 104 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 29 July 2014 at 8:20PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
I've been looking for a set of Beats headphones for some time. I've been tracking the price of these headphones on suppose

https://www.suppose.com/products/1001714/

The price has come down from £279.99 -> £149.99 -> NOW £139.99

Taking a look at Amazon, they seem to be still selling these for £269.

This looks like a great deal, anyone spotted these cheaper anywhere else? or should I get them before the price jumps back up?

[FONT=&quot]
http://www.thehut.com/elysium.search?search=beats+dr+dre[/FONT]

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: We contacted The Hut and it told us the headphones will be at this price until Sun 3 Aug. However, stock levels are very limited - especially in white. Standard delivery is free and usually takes 2-3 working days.

Thanks to cheapaschips801 for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Natb8886
    Natb8886 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    bit steap for me, but good price for these headphones. Wish I could afford them!
  • red157
    red157 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Still a ridiculous price for what you get.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,959 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    red157 wrote: »
    Still a ridiculous price for what you get.

Yes I agree, people buy Beats just because they look cool when in actual fact most of them are sub standard headphones in terms of usage.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • matj16
    matj16 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Yes I agree, people buy Beats just because they look cool when in actual fact most of them are sub standard headphones in terms of usage.

Yep i agree with both of you.

sound quality is sub par, you could get the same quality for £30-50.

but if you are buying them because you like the style etc, then fair enough :)
  • cheapaschips801
    Options
    Any suggestions as to alternatives?

I do want some style too, I spend lots of money to look good on clothes etc, the last thing I want is to is to put on some unstylish headphones.

I have looked at lots of other headphones, but think the look of the beats headphones are next to none.
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2014 at 10:35PM
    Options
  • matj16
    Options
    something like these sennheisers for example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Momentum-On-Ear-Headphones-Ivory/dp/B00D77UA44/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406283272&sr=8-4&keywords=sennheiser+momentum

look around. even googling it will give you heaps of alternatives. consider what you want them for though... no point buying headphones with an impressive bass if you are listening to opera and so on.
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Options
    Any suggestions as to alternatives?

I do want some style too, I spend lots of money to look good on clothes etc, the last thing I want is to is to put on some unstylish headphones.

I have looked at lots of other headphones, but think the look of the beats headphones are next to none.
    Bose, B and W or Sennheiser.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • leonmcgann
    leonmcgann Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    The same headphones are £109 on eBay. I'm new so can't post links, but the listing title is: New Genuine Dr. Dre Beats Studio Headphones Black Headsets Monster
  • matj16
    Options
    leonmcgann wrote: »
    The same headphones are £109 on eBay. I'm new so can't post links, but the listing title is: New Genuine Dr. Dre Beats Studio Headphones Black Headsets Monster

If you are going to buy beats then avoid ebay. one of the top counterfit products on the entire site. Huge profit margins and low costs make it a dream product for knock offs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure