IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye PCN for sleeping in Services

Options
Hi guys, would really appreciate your advice on this PCN from ParkingEye. I parked in Welcome Break Keele (South) motorway services to sleep as I was on a long drive overnight. I overstayed the 2 hours free parking. I didn't see the signs mentioning the parking charges as it was dark and we just pulled in and slept in the car, leaving 4 hours later non the wiser. On google street view the sign entering the car park is tiny and there is no way it can be read in the rain whilst driving at night! So what's the advice? I've ignored UKPC PCNs in the past and the letter trail eventually ran cold. Can I do the same with this bunch of cowboys too?

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Start by getting yourself into the Parking Tickets Forum and carefully read the Newbies Sticky - That outlines the situation and your options for seeing them off. Ignoring is no longer a viable option for many PPCs and has not been for quite some time now.

If you want to read any other threads other peoples dealings with Parking Eye, confine yourself to only those threads from the last six months or so as the post POFA 2012 situation is still evolving and advice may have changed over older threads. :)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've moved this to the sub board for you as you will get more help here.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ParkingEye should not be ignored. They are very litigious and are taking people to court on a daily basis.

Read the Newbies sticky thread. Your first step is to appeal to ParkingEye directly (which they will reject). You can then appeal to POPLA, and if you follow the advice of this forum and use the templates contained within the Newbies thread you will win.

Also, go back to the service station (or send an email/letter) and complain.
  • tellhimhespele
    Options
    Good news friends, after writing to the the Site Director at the service station the ticket has been cancelled. Thanks for the advice, you've saved a lot of stress!
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    And the moral of the story which we repeat time and time again.

Go and complain to the landowner. They can and often do cancel PCNs .
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Dee140157 wrote: »
    And the moral of the story which we repeat time and time again.

Go and complain to the landowner. They can and often do cancel PCNs .

I am always perplexed as to why people seek help on here with these tickets but never seem to have realised they should complain to the landowner or retailer etc

it seems so obvious to me that you complain to a shop or retailer if you get bad service or a faulty item or whatever from their business. if they are not the landowner then they muct know who they rent from, even if its a managing agent , yet time and time again we are spoonfeeding people telling them this obvious fact

as for the OP, well done for doing this, but its as obvious as the nose on my face that it was the first course of action ;) lol

glad its sorted though
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree Redx - and it particularly amazes me that people who get court papers from ParkingEye don't seem to think about complaining to the retailer! If the girl on the CS desk at Morrisons or in the shop at the Service Station, sent a customer court papers for some jumped up reason alleging they 'walked on the cracks in the pavement' or whatever, a customer would soon complain so WHY NOT when it's a parking agent?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure