Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    iwilldoitthistime
    Hit by a car whilst reversing - advice?
    • 2nd Jul 07, 9:17 PM
    Hit by a car whilst reversing - advice? 2nd Jul 07 at 9:17 PM
    Hi there

last week i was reversing out of my allocated car parking space when I was hit by my next door neighbours neice who was driving into the space next to mine.
    Her front bumper was slightly scratched where she hit me, whilst my passenger door has a slight scrape.
    As the lady insisted that we went through our insurance companies, I submitted a claim, even though I assumed it was probably a 'knock for knock' claim.
    I have now had a telephone call from her (rather nasty) insurance company asking me to admit liability on the phone, even though she hit me (she was overlapping into my space when this happened) - they say it is because I was reversing that its my fault.

Is this right? Can anyone give me any advice on this?:confused:

NB - my insurance company said they were going for a knock for knock as we were both moving.

thanks!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,076Posts Today

6,410Users online

Martin's Twitter