Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

The ultimate mother's day gift £15 to sponsor a safe birth

Options
lilmiss1982
lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 25 March 2014 at 1:02PM in Charities
http://www.maternityworldwide.org/mww-news/ultimate-mothers-day-gift/

As mother's day is coming up soon on the 30th of March I wanted to post this great idea for a mother's day gift which proved popular last year.

Last year raised £4350 maybe this year we could raise more
http://www.maternityworldwide.org/mww-news/mothers-day-sunday-10th-march-2013/

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Maternity Worldwide has said if you want to sponsor a safe birth and send a certificate by post in time for Mother's Day, you need to order by Fri 28 Mar. Delivery’s £1, or you can send a certificate by email for free.

We asked Maternity Worldwide how much of the £15 reaches those in developing countries and it told us it's about 96%, after administration costs.

Thanks to lilmiss1982 for sharing this offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A very good cause, thanks for raising awareness :T:T:T

(I did this last year as a Mother's Day gift too).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    thanks from me too - very worthwhile
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DH and the boys always buy me something from the Unicef site which helps mums / kids / families etc. A thoughtful and useful gift.
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • lilmiss1982
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just noticed as well as the Safe Birth Certificate for £15 this year they have new one's too.

An Emergency Safe Birth Certificate for £50 and

A Midwifery Training Sponsorship Certificate £80

http://www.maternityworldwide.org/get-involved/alternative-gifts-2/
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is amazing, I have never heard of this, and so much more worthwhile than a bunch of flowers. Thanks OP I am doing this
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, my hubby arranged this for me in 2012 after we had our son and with another baby on the way in a few weeks, I've asked for another this year too.

We're so blessed to have an nhs and the security of professionals and equipment on hand if it's needed and many take it for granted.

A really great cause..... :)
    TTC #3..........
  • ANNIEHAHA
    ANNIEHAHA Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    Will be asking for this from my children this year and every year after, best present ever!
    Have shared on fb too :)
  • cef66
    cef66 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks OP, I also asked for this last year and have asked for it again this year. It was a great feeling last year when I was asked what I got for Mother's Day to be able to say this. (Posting to keep near the top of the listings !)
  • gemmacarolyn
    gemmacarolyn Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fantastic idea-just ordered. Thanks for sharing x
    Best 2018 wins: £1500, £500 John Lewis voucherBest 2019 wins: 18 of the latest DVDsBest 2020 wins: £100 cash 2021 wins: 130 books 2021 wins: Jubilee silver necklace 2023: 8xfootball shirts, Spar vouchers, £200 Tesco voucher,
  • lilmiss1982
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ska_lover wrote: »
    This is amazing, I have never heard of this, and so much more worthwhile than a bunch of flowers. Thanks OP I am doing this

Agreed its much better than flowers, displaying your certificate help raise further awareness. People saw mine from my boys and commented on what a lovely idea it was. Hopefully they will buy one this year for there mum's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure