Equifax - red electoral roll box - why???

Options
My overall credit score is 'good' with all sections green except the electoral roll one which is red. I have 3 addresses on the system:
- House A which I was at for a year and on electoral roll
- House B which I was at for a year and on electoral roll
- House C (current) which I've been in for a year and a half and have been on electoral roll since August 2013.

All 3 addresses show 'yes' in the confirmed box. Address A shows I was removed from electoral roll but address B doesn't - but as I've subsequently registered to vote at current address I can't surely still be registered there? This is the only problem as far as I can see, other than the fact I've moved frequently.

Any ideas why it might be red and how I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe their system just highlighting the fact a lender may see 3 moves in 3 years as not very stable or secure?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• TD839
    TD839 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I contacted equifax with the same query last week.

This was the reply!

Thank you for getting in touch.

"Our record shows that you're registered on the Electoral Roll at your current address since April 2013.

The reason why this section shows as red is because of the length of your time on the Electoral Roll, if you lived at your current address for one year or more it will turn from red to green.

The dashboard icons are to highlight information for a customer's interest. They are an "FYI" (for your information) function.

Red or green doesn't mean positive or negative, it refers to the amount of records under a section on the credit report.

The colour scheme on your Credit Report doesn't have an impact to your Credit Score. It's only visible for you and Equifax as lenders will not be able to view this information.

You’ll find more information about your credit report at: equifax. If you have a question, you should find the answer in our FAQ section. If not, you can send us an online query, and attach documents to it - no need to worry about them getting lost or delayed in the post.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know."

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services

Hope this answers your question!
  • CherlokHomes
    Options
    My overall credit score is 'good'

Maybe Equifax should start lending money then, but they don't so it's pretty meaningless.
    "You know when it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold"
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My credit scoring system is good. I score you 2 don-nuts and a hobnob.

This is a great credit score and you are highly likely to be able to goto the supermarket and buy a packet of budget brand digestives without being rejected.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Ms312
    Options
    TD839 wrote: »
    I contacted equifax with the same query last week.

This was the reply!

Thank you for getting in touch.

"Our record shows that you're registered on the Electoral Roll at your current address since April 2013.

The reason why this section shows as red is because of the length of your time on the Electoral Roll, if you lived at your current address for one year or more it will turn from red

Hope this answers your question!

Thank you very much for the answer, I thought I had something to be concerned about!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure