B&Q dulux light & space paint 2 for £25

Options
slickytape
slickytape Posts: 22 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 28 January 2014 at 5:25PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
B&Q have dulux light and space on offer for £25 for 2 (2.5L)

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint-woodcare/emulsion-wall-paint/-brand-Dulux/Dulux-Feature-Wall-Matt-Emulsion-Paint-Mulberry-Burst-2-5L-12638629?view-all=brandThis paint is really nice, i have this in my bedroom and the results are quite surprising.

All Dulux special offers: http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint-woodcare/emulsion-wall-paint/-brand-Dulux?view-all=brand&fl=1&fh_sort_by=_special_offers&fh_sort_order=-1&fh_view_size=96

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: We've not heard back from B&Q so don't know whether this offer's available in-store as well as online, or when it ends. We'll update you once we know more. Delivery’s £5 on orders under £50. Thanks to slickytape for sharing this offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• berylthebargainhunter
    Options
    Hi, could I ask has anyone used this in a hallway with no natural light and has it helped in any way?
    Thanks.
  • natasha8642
    Options
    Hi, could I ask has anyone used this in a hallway with no natural light and has it helped in any way?
    Thanks.

I have it in a very dark hall and it really has made a difference. Your walls will need to be very clean before you apply this paint, B&Q staff recommended I put 2 coats of basic white paint and then 2 coats of the light paint and it looks really good.

I did run out of paint towards the end of my hall so there is a section with just 1 coat of the light paint and there is no difference at all, so if I was going to do it again I would just use one coat of the light paint.

Hope that helps.
    Norn Iron Club Member No 127
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had my hallway done about 5 years ago with it as its quite dark. It took two coats even though the old paint wasnt a dark colour than L&D paint. I think it does make a difference but not as much as maybe using a white paint
  • pippinpuss
    Options
    Thanks.
    Don't waste your money on this paint. I have used it in two rooms & it is useless. Because it is matt there is no reflection. Use a regular satin & you get more sheen.
  • gipsygirl
    gipsygirl Posts: 241 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've just painted a very dark hallway in this (Coastal glow) It really has made a difference & we would use it again. You can get a tester pot in it to try it out first.
    Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!
  • gipsygirl wrote: »
    We've just painted a very dark hallway in this (Coastal glow) It really has made a difference & we would use it again. You can get a tester pot in it to try it out first.

Hi, this is the colour I was thinking of getting. Could you tell me, is it similar to a butterscotch type of colour? I'm fed up of magnolia and want a warm creamy shade but not as light as magnolia and not too yellow either!
  • gipsygirl
    gipsygirl Posts: 241 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, this is the colour I was thinking of getting. Could you tell me, is it similar to a butterscotch type of colour? I'm fed up of magnolia and want a warm creamy shade but not as light as magnolia and not too yellow either!

I wouldn’t call it a butterscotch colour - it’s much paler than that, it’s more of a light creamy shade & not as “pink” as magnolia. I got a tester pot to try first & I think this is your best bet just to make sure you like it! It has really lightened up our hallway & we really like it. ;)
    Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Used Morning Light in dull rooms and really pleased. Sort of pale lemon.
  • BIG_MOC
    BIG_MOC Posts: 551 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi
    Does anyone know if this is available instore please
    Pobody's-Nerfect
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing