Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    magicbucks
    Wedding Dress sales
    • 21st Dec 13, 7:38 AM
    Wedding Dress sales 21st Dec 13 at 7:38 AM
    Hi all

I went in looking for a thread and could not find one so sorry in advance if I missed one

I am getting Married in April and want to buy the dress in January
    Does anyone know how could find out where the sales are on in the big wedding dress shops?

I am figuring there are bound to be some in January

Does anyone have any tips and know of any shops that do fab wedding dress sales in January or the address of those places that do one off designer dresses at discount or any magazine that's a great help

Rest is sorted venue music etc but I have not even started on dress and that's January's mission

Any advice gratefully received

Magic
    Xx
Page 1
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 21st Dec 13, 7:56 AM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    • 21st Dec 13, 7:56 AM
    • 21st Dec 13, 7:56 AM
    Are you planning on getting a parking ticket at the same time ?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
    • esmerobbo
    • By esmerobbo 21st Dec 13, 8:29 AM
    • 4,656 Posts
    • 6,128 Thanks
    esmerobbo
    • 21st Dec 13, 8:29 AM
    • 21st Dec 13, 8:29 AM
    Maybe OP needs to know where they can browse for a dress without time restraints for parking, or maybe posting after the Christmas party?
  • magicbucks
    • 21st Dec 13, 11:41 AM
    • 21st Dec 13, 11:41 AM
    Sorry if I am being reAlly dFt I thought I created a branch new thread cN you help me with where it should be I certainly did not realise it went in a parking one :-) sorry about that
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 21st Dec 13, 11:47 AM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    • 21st Dec 13, 11:47 AM
    • 21st Dec 13, 11:47 AM
    LOL we do sometimes have random threads here, this being one of them I don't really know where you want to post but maybe here?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Main forum is here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    • 4consumerrights
    • By 4consumerrights 21st Dec 13, 11:52 AM
    • 1,960 Posts
    • 2,849 Thanks
    4consumerrights
    • 21st Dec 13, 11:52 AM
    • 21st Dec 13, 11:52 AM
    Magicbucks you certainly made me smile today - thank you!

Good luck with the wedding!

PS watch out for the big retail parks then - and do come back to this forum should you or any friends need help with a parking charge!
    Last edited by 4consumerrights; 21-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Dec 13, 12:06 PM
    • 14,629 Posts
    • 23,016 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 21st Dec 13, 12:06 PM
    • 21st Dec 13, 12:06 PM
    @Magicbucks. This may be a bit off-the-wall to you, but you can get a wedding dress from Oxfam, this isn't a joke, just an extra option.

Often you can pick up a real top-designer wedding dress (pre-used, but fully dry cleaned, etc) for the price of a donation to Oxfam and the return of the dress after the wedding.

It's an option for those who don't want to spend exorbitant amounts of money for a one-off wear, those who might have a recycling outlook, and those who want to contribute to a deserving charity.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/bridal

Whatever you do, I hope you have the most fantastic day. Good luck.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • magicbucks
    • 21st Dec 13, 12:11 PM
    • 21st Dec 13, 12:11 PM
    Thank you all for being so kind and as I don't even drive it's even more daft Thanks so much to all I reckon ill park my posts elsewhere have a wonderful christmas all of you xx
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 21st Dec 13, 12:31 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 5,338 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 21st Dec 13, 12:31 PM
    • 21st Dec 13, 12:31 PM
    one more thing, while your here take a good look round, and learn all about the private parking industry, it may help save you, your friends, family or colleagues some money.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Dec 13, 1:52 PM
    • 47,260 Posts
    • 169,926 Thanks
    beanielou
    Magic~~IF you PM one of the board guides for this thread they should be able to lock this thread for you
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 21st Dec 13, 2:12 PM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    No need to lock the thread, possibly move it may be an option. But it's doing no harm here so just let it be I say
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 21st Dec 13, 4:47 PM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    Hall of fame Magicbucks lol

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/parking-prankster-2013-parking-awards.html
    • Iceweasel
    • By Iceweasel 21st Dec 13, 5:38 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 3,040 Thanks
    Iceweasel
    Yes - good luck to the lass.

I hope she gets a lovely dress at a good price.

And no parking tickets!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin