IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye_Parking charge Brent south retail park

Options
Hi guys,

This is my 1st ever post on here. I hope you can help me fight back a private eye parking charge I received today for £100 (discounted at £60).

I have spoken to TKMaxx store manager (as we purchased from them and I have the receipt, its £20) to cancel the ticket. He advised me to appeal the ticket by writing to the ParkingEye along with my receipt.

I was hoping if you could help me prepare a complain based on my circumstances, or if there a template I could use?

Any other advise/guideline would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That place appears to be a multi ocupancy retail park, you need to challenge this to parking eye, and complain to the retail park owners as well.

A quick google search shows it as being owned by Hamersons, it opened in 2004, 100% ocupancy postcode NW4 3FP plenty of contacts listed here http://www.hammerson.com/property/retail-parks/brent-south-shopping-park-london/
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PE have a relatively good record of cancelling when you provide a copy of receipts.

a letter which says;

Dear Scammer,

PCN xxxxxx

you've issued the above which I won't be paying for several reasons, one of which is I'm a genuine customer, see attached copy of receipt as proof.

I expect you to cancel this but if you don't ensure you give me the POPLA code to which I'm entitled.......
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    martmonk wrote: »
    PE have a relatively good record of cancelling when you provide a copy of receipts.

a letter which says;

Dear Scammer,

PCN xxxxxx

you've issued the above which I won't be paying for several reasons, one of which is I'm a genuine customer, see attached copy of receipt as proof.

I expect you to cancel this but if you don't ensure you give me the POPLA code to which I'm entitled.......

If you want them to cancel, I would be a little less aggressive with my appeal.

I would ask for the ticket to be cancelled as you were a genuine shopper as the receipt shows. You might add that, in addition, you had a coffee elsewhere but have no receipt and you would be grateful if they would cancel.

If they won't then would they please send a POPLA code as you would want to exercise your right to appeal to the independent adjudicator.

If they won't cancel following your polite appeal, then come back here for advice on the POPLA appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    shahnooshi wrote: »
    Hi guys,

This is my 1st ever post on here. I hope you can help me fight back a private eye parking charge I received today for £100 (discounted at £60).

I have spoken to TKMaxx store manager (as we purchased from them and I have the receipt, its £20) to cancel the ticket. He advised me to appeal the ticket by writing to the ParkingEye along with my receipt.

I was hoping if you could help me prepare a complain based on my circumstances, or if there a template I could use?

Any other advise/guideline would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, :)
    Please just read the 'successful complaints about PPCs' sticky thread and the 'Newbies read this first!' sticky thread...it's what they are at the top for...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 December 2013 at 10:16PM
    Options
    it worked for my relative as can be seen here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4827711

therefore just appeal online with a scan of the receipt or receipts attached, in a similar manner, as an aggrieved genuine customer that can prove patronage of the shops there

I cannot see the reason in your post for the ticket being issued, so that must play a part in the appeal too (mine was due to an overstay on a 4 hour free retail car park)

good luck (and report back whatever happens)
  • shahnooshi
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for all your replies.
    Today received a letter from parking eye, it was rejected :(

They’ve given me the POPLA ref number and also included a number of cases where they've won in the court (I’m slightly scared but want to win so bad)
    i know writing to the reason to POPLA is the next stage, but want to make sure i win it this time. Is there any guidelines/points I should mention when writing to POPLA?

Just to remind you, the case is a £100(discounted at £60) for overstaying 35 min extra on a 3 hours free parking. I have a receipt for £20 and will mention that I’ve bought a coffee as well.

Again, any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    Right have a look here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816165&page=2

That will show what you need to do to win at Popla
    Dont bother mentioning anything that happened on the day , including having a coffee, it its totally irrelevant

Stick to the stuff on the link

You will win if you follow our advice, post up what you propose to send and we can check it over
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    shahnooshi wrote: »
    and also included a number of cases where they've won in the court

Which are mostly default judgements (defendant didn't defend or turn up) or where defendants tried to use mitigating circumstances - the same things that fail at POPLA.

But of course this is to be expected - they won't exactly tell you about all the cases they have LOST (several recently), nor the fact that getting help by the forum for a POPLA appeal (and actually following the advice) means a 100% guarantee of success! ;)
  • shahnooshi
    Options
    thanks a lot. i'll prepare the letter and will come back.
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    That's good. Don't rush this week. Enjoy your crimbo!!
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport