E: 20/12 win the experience of a lifetime x 4 (effort)

Options
liamell
liamell Posts: 2,903 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 28 November 2013 at 3:32PM in Game Over Archives
It appears to be a four week competition so I have guessed the end date.

http://campaigns.sonymobile.com/z1hidden/

From what I can gather we need to work out clues of the whereabouts of the hidden Xperia Z1 and then we get a chance to win a trip (?) To each destination.

Found via this Facebook post https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151719014766372&set=a.381567691371.167518.283958346371&type=1

Comments

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks

Starts tomorrow
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • FlyingDutchman
    Options
    Just to add that it starts on Monday, not today.

Good luck everyone!
    Life's what you make it....

"I've got one, two, three, [STRIKE]four[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]five[/STRIKE]... senses working overtime..", XTC. :sad:

Life beyond voluntary work scares me, but what else is there? :cry:
  • fnc63
    fnc63 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    Options
    according to the top of the page it starts in 3 days
    according to the terms it started yesterday
    not sure if i am going to bother with this atm so im only bumping to
    - advise of end date 20/12
    - provide detail of how to play
    - the prizes
    - link to the weekly thread here

HTH & GL ;)

To participate, you (hereinafter “You or the “Participant”) need to enter the Competition via the http://campaigns.sonymobile.com/z1hidden/ website (“Web-site”). Each week clues will be released using social media (and compiled on the Website) which help the user establish where an Xperia Z1 is hidden. The specific location of the Xperia Z1 has been determined at the Promoters sole discretion, within the map (the “Location”) for Participants to find and win the chance of entering a prize draw to win a prize. Each week a Participant hereby has to:

Pan and zoom around the global map.

Select a location (using the GPS coordinates) by placing a marker (“Marker”)

Confirm the Participant wants to enter into the prize draw using the chosen Marker (i.e those GPS coordinates) as their submission by filling in the entry form (“Entry”) by giving all required data as required in section 8 below.

Participants will then be informed of how close their Marker and Entry is to the Location and are invited to try again in an hour.

The 50 closest Entries (whose Marker (GPS co-ordinates) are the closest to the Location) will be entered into a prize draw. Any Entry whose Marker is the same distance as the 50th closest Entry Marker from the Location will also be entered into the prize draw. (Participants are encouraged to ensure they are fully zoomed in for the best chance at marking a one of the closest 50 co-ordinates to the Location.

This Competition is without any obligation to make a purchase for Entry.

For each Week of the Competition the Winner will receive a holiday for 2 people to the Location of that Week, plus a Sony Xperia Z1 to take with them as more particularly set out in Section 4 below (“First Prize”) with an approximate value of EUR 14,346 (£12’045 for week 1 location) and EUR 16,727 (£14’045 for weeks 2,3 & 4 locations).

The First Prize will include and cover the following for the Winner and one accompanying guest selected by Winner with a minimum age of 18 years:

Week 1 Location: 2 tickets to a full day guided tour of a popular local destination (“Event 1”) and 2 tickets to a full day guided tour of the hero local destination revealed (“Event 2”) and 2 tickets to a snorkeling activity including tuition and equipment (“Event 3”) and 2 tickets to a rappelling activity including tuition and equipment (“Event 4”) in the week 1 secret location, 2 return economy flights to the destination airport determined by Promoter from a London based airport, 7 nights accommodation in a double room at a hotel determined by Promoter at the Location determined by the Promotor including return transfers between airport and hotel and hotel and the Event locations and including £1’000 spending money. The estimated value per person is approximately EUR 7’173.

Week 2 Location: 2 tickets to a half day guided tour of a popular local destination (“Event 1”) and 2 tickets to a boat tour of the hero local destination revealed (“Event 2”) and 2 tickets to a kayaking excursion including tuition and equipment (“Event 3”) and 2 tickets to a trekking excursion to a popular local destination (“Event 4”) in the week 2 secret location and a guided tour with climb to a popular local destination (“Event 5”), 2 return economy flights to the destination country airport determined by Promoter from a London based airport, 2 return internal flights to the destination city airport determined by Promoter, 7 nights accommodation in a double room at a hotel determined by Promoter including breakfast, return transfers between airport and hotel and hotel and the Event locations and including £1’000 spending money. The estimated value per person is approximately EUR 8364.

Week 3 Location: 2 tickets to a full day tour including speed boat ride of a popular local destination (“Event 1”) and 2 tickets to a half day tour of the hero local destination revealed (“Event 2”) and 2 tickets to a horse riding activity (“Event 3”), 2 return economy flights to the destination country airport determined by Promoter from a London based airport, 2 return internal flights to the destination city airport determined by Promoter, 7 nights accommodation in a double room at a hotel determined by Promoter including breakfast, return transfers between airport and hotel and hotel and the Event locations and including £1’000 spending money. The estimated value per person is approximately EUR 8364

Week 4 Location: 2 tickets to a half day guided tour of a popular local city (“Event 1”) and 2 tickets to a half day tour of the hero local destination revealed (“Event 2”) and 2 tickets to a glacial walk including tuition (“Event 3”) and 2 tickets to a kayaking excursion including tuition (“Event 4”), 2 return economy flights to the destination country airport determined by Promoter from a London based airport, 2 return internal flights to the destination city airport determined by Promoter, 7 nights accommodation in a double room at a hotel determined by Promoter including breakfast, return transfers between airport and hotel and hotel and the Event locations and including £1’000 spending money. The estimated value per person is approximately EUR 8364

Ten Runners-up Winners will each receive one (1) of Ten (10) Xperia Z1 handsets with an approximate value of EUR 655 (£550).

The period for Entry in the online Competition commences 25:11:2013 at 00:00:01 GMT and runs to 20:12:2013 at 23:59:59 GMT which is the closing date for the Competition. During this period there will be four separate standalone Competitions with the following closing dates; the first for week 1 Location on Friday 29:11:2013, the second for week 2 Location on Friday 06:12:2013, the third for week 3 Location on Friday 13:12:2013 and the final drawer for week 4 Location on Friday 20:12:13.

The Competition is only open to residents of countries where this Competition is locally available provided the Participant is of minimum age 18. However, employees and immediate relatives of employees of the Promoter or of its respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies or any other person connected with this Competition are excluded from participation. Participants cannot be legal entities.

Each week, multiple entries can be submitted into the Competition per Participant, but only one (1) Entry will be accepted into the prize draw (their closest Marker to the Location). Each Entry must include correct information regarding Participant’s name and email address (mandatory fields).

2014 WTD ~ CH10OC50CW55PC10AB25BA120SB15OC30BC160BV105OC30CT20GC10GB100
    :shhh:

Apparently everything has a happy ending and if you havent arrived at the happiness, it hasnt ended yet :think:

• beardedsalmon
    Options
    3 clues up so far - looks like south america / carribean / mexico way - will have to see a few more before we can get closer tho x
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Any more guesses ?
  • beardedsalmon
    Options
    my guess at the moment is Cuba - but i'm not sure if it's Havana or somewhere else…. any updates / further thoughts welcomed!
  • hoogervaaner
    Options
    I dropped a pin near Mexico City and it said that I am 1154km away.
    :D
  • claire21
    Options
    My friend said cancun she was 91km away
  • beardedsalmon
    Options
    i droppped on havana cathedral and was 662 km away. so i think it's got to be Cuba somewhere, or potentially coast of mexico / belize.
  • claire21
    Options
    claire21 wrote: »
    My friend said cancun she was 91km away

I am looking at online map, that makes Havana to far away, also Belize too far. The nearest to 91km I can see that's anywhere is San Miguel on that little island ? What are the clues though I can't see them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure