IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Capita buy Parking Eye - then Pindar quits

Options
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1473f926-502d-11e3-befe-00144feabdc0.html

Surely it must be a coincidence and nothing to do with the recent acquisition?

Comments

• Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    Another account of it here as well :

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2013/11/18/capita_pinder/

I wonder if that's why the Mods have deleted my signature ?
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As capita have their fingers right up the backside of the Government I think we are about to find out why they wanted a new law to make parking scamming legal.
    Be happy...;)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1473f926-502d-11e3-befe-00144feabdc0.html

Surely it must be a coincidence and nothing to do with the recent acquisition?

Shares fell by 2% on the news. Wait till the markets realise the pig in a poke he's left the company saddled with in PE.

Nice parting shot! :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hovite wrote: »
    Another account of it here as well :

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2013/11/18/capita_pinder/

I wonder if that's why the Mods have deleted my signature ?

I am sure you would have changed it yourself as you would want it to be contemporary. Probably the Capita board wanted to pindar bad decision on him? :o
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    I've just noticed who will be taking over from Paul Pindar - a certain Andy Parker. Parker is a completely different beast from Pindar. Pindar generally was a laid back pleasant person - certainly the times I met him.

Andy Parker is feared within Capita staff ranks - he is a ruthless operator and a numbers man. I wonder if this will increase Parking Eye's willingness to take people to court ?
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    You are joking about his name, surely. If he's such an 'Andy Parker I wonder if he's going to run PE. BTW my sig was removed also because I had the name of a parking company in it whilst posting the long lists of PPC name. Mad.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Hovite_2
    Options
    You are joking about his name, surely. If he's such an 'Andy Parker I wonder if he's going to run PE. BTW my sig was removed also because I had the name of a parking company in it whilst posting the long lists of PPC name. Mad.

Yep - that's his name !

Seriously, my sig was removed because I mentioned Parking Eye ?????
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Yep, I just grabbed one name at random for mine and it was removed. They seem to be very concerned that the ppc's read here and will want to sue them. Sod *** had the same problem. I get the feeling that there were too many link notifications going to the ppc's and costing them time and money.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Strange? Nothing's happened to mine yet. Maybe because I'm not being impolite.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure