Mayfair Online car Insurance Brokers - Reviews

Options
Hello Everyone,
just looking to renew my Q7 insurance and visited gocompare. the cheapest quote was from Mayfair Online (can't post link but you can google) who toppled my long running Direct Line insurance by half. sounds too good to be true but it is there. They are mortgage and insurance brokers as mentioned on their website. Just wondering if some one had an insurance or have clue if they are OK or not. I'm trying to be cautious as i never heard of them before plus no reviews online any where.
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.

Comments

• pjjafc
    pjjafc Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi

Yes they are based in Bedford and mainly deal with high performance vehicles. I've actually been to their offices before so they definitly excist!
  • sonny007
    Options
    Hi,

I am 25 years old and live in london.
    Trying to Insure a BMW X5

Did a search on go compare and all insurance companies quoted me £1200+. However, Mayfair online insurance quoted me a very appealing £537??

Phoned them and they will call me back once confirmed my details with their underwriters.

I want to know, if anyone else has taken out insurance with them and made any claims?
  • weejonnie
    Options
    We arranged a couple of prestige Self Drive Hire vehicle insurance policies with Mayfair - this was several years ago but had no problems - assuming this is the same company and nothing has changed.
  • KazmoTill
    Options
    Do not take up insurance with this company! they quote everyone £537 and then when you call up they hike up the quote. It is a ploy to get you to call and I wasted several days on the phone to them before they hiked my premium up by £150!!! please don't waste your time, that is 2 days I'll never get back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure