IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Has Trev-the-clamp lost the plot? Anpr-in-a-box.com

Options
Coupon-mad
Coupon-mad Posts: 132,697 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
edited 11 October 2013 at 10:46PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I was browsing the ANPR Ltd (ex-clamper) website, chortling at it as you do, wondering how they get away with no link to actually APPEAL a fake PCN, when what did I spot? A link to another website:

http://www.anprinabox.com/products.html

ANPR-IN-A-BOX.COM !!!!!!

Apparently a mere ex-clamper of a PPC can offer all of this and more:

Cheetah:
Placed at the entrance of a Petrol Forecourt, the cameras can locate a previously reported 'Cheetah' before they get the chance to fill the vehicle up.

Disabled Drivers Only:
Using data provided by the Disabled Driver Association we can monitor certain areas with restricted access and provide a very watchful eye over proceedings.

Tax Dodgers:
The DVLA or the Police can use 'distant' IP cameras and check for drivers who evade Vehicle Insurance, Road excise duty or do not have a valid MOT certificate.

Hotelier:
When a Guest enters a hotel and reports to reception they will be asked for their registration number and how long they intend to stay this will then exempt them from any enforcement used by the car park authority.

Jumper:
Placed at traffic lights we can determine using mathematical algorithms those who jump red lights. :rotfl:

Loading Areas:
With similar software to 'jumper' we can detect and determine the use of the yellow hazard warning lights of a vehicle couple this with a time limit we can enforce a loading unloading area. :rotfl:

Maximum Stay:
Obviously you determine the time factor from 0 ~ 9999 and over stay your welcome will render you in trouble.

Most Wanted:
Car thieves terrorists or undesirables such as shop lifters can be easily detected and monitored.

Permit Holders Only:
Parking restricted areas can be monitored with consummate ease no need to provide and distribute expensive permit to park.

Ring N Reg:
Yet to be launched we add your registration number to your credit card making pay and display a thing of the past. The end user will be charged 10% handling fees on top of the £250 for the software.

Sesame:
The software uses a TX and an RX on 433Mhz to open and close already powered gates, barriers or bollards. There is a small charge for the additional hardware.

Speedo:
Really bad news for the budding Buttons and Hamilton's of this world! We can detect average speeds over distances greater than 200 yards (Point to point).

Tolls:
Having read the number plate we can determine the make model of a vehicle and charge accordingly. Caravans and trailers can also be detected with additional cameras.

Weight limit:
In a similar manner to 'tolls' a HGV can easily be detected and prosecuted.

Watcher:
Bus lanes cycle lanes hard shoulders suffer constant abuse we catch all offenders and provide photographic evidence.

And on the 'testimonials' tab, surprise surprise 'We are currently formulating new content for our Case Studies and Testimonials page' ! :T

DELUDED doesn't even cover it!

Admit it Trev, you always wanted to be a copper but were (allegedly) too unfit, short or couldn't pass the tests. :eek:
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD

Comments

• 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2013 at 11:02PM
    Options
    Covered very nicely - perhaps we should get psychiatric help for him!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Frack me - just spat out my [STRIKE]whisky[/STRIKE] coffee, this guy needs sectioning. Do they still use those electrodes attached to the cranium thingies (I hasten to avoid using the term 'brain').

Delusional is a far too understated description. Makes you wonder what Trev and Annette's pillow-talk comprises.

'Do you fancy a Sesame or a Speedo tonight luv? No, I think I'd like a Ring N Reg. Here's the phone, now give Reg a ring'. :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Presumably made by the same chap who was just done for ""making""a bomb and drugs detector which was just a plastic box with some wires. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23768203
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Corrected for you.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,082 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Words fail me!

It reminds me of brainstorming meetings when I was gainfully employed (before early retirement :D).
    You would get some creepy idiots who want to impress that come up with all manner of stupid ideas with such enthusiasm it made you want to vomit!
    Unfortunately there were also more idiots that would think that they were "spot on the money"!
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think Trev could do with a box of his own! With nice rubber walls and no sharp edges!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure