Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Laughorcry
    CCJ - Unaware and over 6 years old!
    • 16th Sep 13, 7:30 PM
    CCJ - Unaware and over 6 years old! 16th Sep 13 at 7:30 PM
    Hi,

I recently applied for a mortgage to find I had a CCJ against my name (that I was unaware of...till now). The County Court have no information as it has been over 6 years so the case file has been destroyed. After some detective work I have discovered that it is linked to a car accident I had in 2007. My car insurance company 'Endsleigh' decided to take the other insurers to court as they disputed the amount (I was not consulted about this). I was summoned to court, but after sending the documents to Endsleigh they reassured me that this was a mistake and that their solicitors were dealing with the case.

My insurance company lost in court. This last thing I had heard was Endsleigh was settling the case.

I have never had any letters from the County court.

Unfortunately, I now have a CCJ against my name for over 4000 which I have no record of receiving. It was logged that Greenfield Solicitors' (on behalf of Endsleigh) made a payment in 2009, but the CCJ still remains, and under my name.

I need some advice, how do I go about removing a CCJ over 6 years old?

How do I prove that there has been an error and the insurance company is liable?

Its been a week of constantly being passed between the insurance company, the sub-claims company, the solicitor and the county court. No one seems to have any answers to what has happened and I am being passed around without anyone taking responsibility.

I have now lost the house I wanted to buy... its all a nightmare. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

3,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin