Comet Clearance Store - Glasgow

Options
Hope this is the right page to add this to.

For those who stay in the Glasgow ares there is a Comet Clearance store in Lomond St (in the depths of lovely Possilpark) which is brill.  

I just moved house and have been over a few times to get stuff including a large silver zanussi fridge - £200 off coz it had a small bump on the door (barely noticeable).  Delonghi Double oven - £200 off due to scratch on handle (which we have not found yet) and a Delonghi gas hob - ex display - £60 off.  Stock TVs, hi fis, dishwashers, camcorders - all the usual.  Stock changes all the time so you could get a cracking deal if you don't mind ex-display or something with a minor bump/stratch.

Hope this saves someone some money!

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know whether I would be able to take up a promotional warranty (like the one miele and siemens are offering) with a comet clearance item.

As far as I can see, if the item is new and from a proper stockist then it should be OK (wouldn't apply to second hand good so would have to get something unused rather than returned stock).

Are comet clearance items from comet themselves or is it a different company (as it has to come from a proper stockist).

I have emailed Miele about this but was just wondering if anyone knew as they might take a while to get back.

As far as I can see it would be OK according to Terms and conditions.
  • Mosschops_2
    Options
    All items in the store are from comet shops. They are items that have been returned or ex display. A lot of the items are also things that have been damaged in transit (like our fridge had a bump on the side due to not being packaged properly). Everything in the shop comes with a full years guarantee. I don't know about the promotional warranty though. Our fridge came with all the paperwork and I've filled that off and sent it away to the manufacturers. The oven didn't and I'm having to buy some instructions from De Longhi.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks.

Miele are doing a promotion whereby you can get a free 5 year or 10 year warranty on their machines (depending on model).

It has to be new and from a Miele stockist and not second hand.

I can get the application form from the website and need to submit it with the receipt from a proper stockist.

So I reckon that as long as I buy a new item rather than one that is used/returned (which would be second hand) then I should qualify for the warranty.

I am just expecting some "get out" clause for auction items but I can't see anything that would disqualify it if it was new.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure