PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco Healthy Living Raspberry Muffin Recipe

Options
This is a long shot but I made some raspberry muffins from Tesco's Healthy Living Club magazine and now I can't find the recipe anywhere.
I've tried Tesco and they can't help so I wondered if anyone else happened to have the leaflet lying around and would be kind enough to post it here or pm me.

I think it was one of those A5 style leaflets and was probably the magazine before last. I think it was all to do with healthy hearts. It contained yogurt, oats, wholemeal flour as well as raspberries!

Thanks
7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers

Comments

• NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you not just modify a different muffin recipe? I'm sure that'd work if you experimented a little:D
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    NekoZombie wrote: »
    Could you not just modify a different muffin recipe? I'm sure that'd work if you experimented a little:D

I will but this recipe was quick, easy and I know it produced good results - never mind, c'est la vie.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • sugarplum
    sugarplum Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    I've got it! Here you go:

Raspberry and Cinnamon muffins

100g wholemeal flour
    100g s/r flour
    40g rolled oats
    100g soft brown sugar
    1tsp cinnamon
    4tsp baking powder
    150ml low fat natural yougurt
    2 lightly beaten eggs
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    6 tbsp semi skimmed milk
    175g fresh raspberries

Mix flours, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder

Lightly beat together the eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil and milk. Stir into the flour mixture along with the raspberries (don't overmix)

Spoon into 12 muffin cases and bake at 200 degrees for 20 mins

I did these with apple instead of raspberries and they're delicious!
  • Flimsy
    Flimsy Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh that looks like a healthier option than the Ainsley ones with white choc. Though does the raspberries really go with cinnamon? It's not something I would have thought of putting together.
  • sugarplum
    Options
    Not sure really, that's why I made them with apples! ;)
  • reverie
    reverie Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Sugarplum, sorry to be really cheeky but if it was from a healthy living leaflet do you have the calories/fat info too please? Thanks very much!
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Just heard on the Tv that cinnamon helps to lower blood sugar levels, perhaps that why it was included in the recipe associated with 'healthy'
  • Tartan_Mum
    Tartan_Mum Posts: 217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm I've got everything on here except the wholemeal flour.

Do you think I could make it with all SR flour??? Or some SR, some plain?

Can some baking gurus help me out please as these sound fantastic and I have some raspberries AND yoghurt to use up so the timing of this thread couldn't be better?

TM x
    #26 MFW 2023 challenge Small OPs are better than no OPs! Feb 2018 £231,000 / Apr 2042 Current £133,700 / March 2036
  • sugarplum
    Options
    Each muffin contains:

153 calories
    10.9 g sugar
    4.3g fat
    0.9g saturates
    0.6g salt
  • Flimsy
    Flimsy Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Tartan_Mum wrote: »
    Hmm I've got everything on here except the wholemeal flour.

Do you think I could make it with all SR flour??? Or some SR, some plain?

Can some baking gurus help me out please as these sound fantastic and I have some raspberries AND yoghurt to use up so the timing of this thread couldn't be better?

TM x

Most wm flour is plain, I've only ever seen SR once on my travels so to use all SR flour you would need to cut down the baking powder a bit, maybe just to 1 tsp.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport