Fisher price ipad case £14.99!!!!

Options
princesslola
princesslola Posts: 186 Forumite
edited 30 July 2013 at 1:44PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Fisher price ipad case

Fantastic item for little ones we saw this at the baby show great idea you can also download a app free of charge with games and stories on, amazon are selling for £37!

Argos less than half price £14.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/FISHER+PRICE+IPAD.htm:T:T:T

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Argos has confirmed this Fisher Price iPad case is available online till Tue 6 Aug, while stocks last. This is the cheapest we can find this item, though it’s always worth doing a price comparison before buying. Thanks to princesslola for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• eklynne
    eklynne Posts: 2,396 Forumite
    Options
    Babies have ipads? :eek:
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • polop
    polop Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    these are great for protecting it from knocks / spills but an important point is that it covers the main back /exit button so every time you want to change apps you have to undo the case with a coin!
  • Charli82
    Charli82 Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Been looking for one of these at a good price for ages - thankyou so much!
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    eklynne wrote: »
    Babies have ipads? :eek:

Yes,

In the house we have 2x 4th Gen iPod Touch, plus 1x iPad Mini, plus 3 laptops, plus the "house computer", then you have Mrs AO's Samsung S3 Mini.

We also have 3 young children who can happily navigate on the laptops, or the iPod/iPad to any app or the CBBC website.

Technology & The Youf of today eh..
  • manufc
    manufc Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    polop wrote: »
    these are great for protecting it from knocks / spills but an important point is that it covers the main back /exit button so every time you want to change apps you have to undo the case with a coin!

If you turn on gestures you can shut apps by stretching your fingers on the screen then pulling them together to the same spot, so you wouldn't have to use the coin.
  • Lagoon
    Lagoon Posts: 934 Forumite
    Options
    polop wrote: »

I can see that button on the picture on the link, is the picture wrong?

I'd see that button being covered as a useful feature. When very young children use my iPad that button does attract attention or get knocked accidentally, quickly followed by a look of disappointment when the app disappears!
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not just for babies. I have reserved one for my 6 year old as I am always terrified when he heads towards the ipad. This looks like it would protect it well.

I am hoping I can take the rings off the top of it as he won't use it with those on there.

From the photo the home button is showing. If it doesn't show then unfortunately it won't be any use to him as due to his age he needs to be able to use the home button (I can't be doing with him having to ask me every time he wants to change app)

Thanks to the OP for posting.
  • FilmNerd1989
    FilmNerd1989 Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not just for babies. I have reserved one for my 6 year old as I am always terrified when he heads towards the ipad. This looks like it would protect it well.

I am hoping I can take the rings off the top of it as he won't use it with those on there.

From the photo the home button is showing. If it doesn't show then unfortunately it won't be any use to him as due to his age he needs to be able to use the home button (I can't be doing with him having to ask me every time he wants to change app)

Thanks to the OP for posting.

Or - keep the rings on, so he won't WANT to play with it- he's 6 for pete's sake -not old enough to be using one anyway! Why not just buy age-appropeiate technology like a V-Tech 'laptop'? Never understood why parents feel the need to foist high technology onto their children- let kids be kids! Letting technology be a babysitter is damaging to children's imaginations and social skills.
  • Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    Options
    My eldest is 7. She can use the iPad when supervised. If she was going to get her own tablet, it would be a sub-£100 Android that would do the basics.

Each to their own, but there's no way my youngest (3) would get access to it. He has a V-tech 'tablet', which does the job fine.
  • princesslola
    princesslola Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    Or - keep the rings on, so he won't WANT to play with it- he's 6 for pete's sake -not old enough to be using one anyway! Why not just buy age-appropeiate technology like a V-Tech 'laptop'? Never understood why parents feel the need to foist high technology onto their children- let kids be kids! Letting technology be a babysitter is damaging to children's imaginations and social skills.

The great thing with this product is there's fisher price apps that contain stories and activities for them such as spelling and counting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure