Harrods logo bath towel - £9.95

Options
21titch
21titch Posts: 35 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 25 June 2013 at 5:43PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Hi, not for everyone however Harrods have currently have a sale on, I noticed this bath towel has been reduced to £9.95.

http://www.harrods.com/product/logo-bath-towel/harrods/000000000002973299?cat1=new-gifts&cat2=new-home-sale-towels

The strange thing is, pictured next to this towel is the exact same bath towel for 18.95!! I have ordered 4 @ £9.95 and I am expecting delivery soon.

Hope this helps anyone interested in towels! :)

If somebody could post the link for me please as I am a new user and not permitted to. Thanks

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Harrods hasn't confirmed the above offer, so it could end at any time. Thanks to 21titch for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Why would anyone want a harrods logo
  • Natasha_H
    Natasha_H Posts: 516 Forumite
    Options
    They have a general sale on, shame there is no free delivery it seems. They've have done that in the past when there's a sale for a limited period.
  • Natasha_H
    Natasha_H Posts: 516 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.harrods.com/sale/harrods-souvenirs?sort=-1&viewall=yes

Some nice bits, good reductions on Harrods souvenirs.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I would indulge but I don't like the colour, I would have got it in cream though :)
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone who ordered these received them? Reason I ask is that I was in Harrods in London today and went on a search for these towels. With the help of staff and my iphone I found the same towels, but the Bath towels that are seen with the link provided are £24.95 in-store, and it is the hand towels in this style which they sell for £9.95.

I called customer service while I was still with the towels and gave them the explanation and description and the agent was, of course, seeing the price we see and he said to me that "this is a copy error and the issue has been raised and we are working on removing it from the website". I then asked what would happen if I ordered the towels before it was removed and he informed me that I would be sent the "guest towels" (hand towels) and that the measurements are listed in the details (which they are not and when i mentioned this to him, he then checked and saw the measurements were not listed). I didn't want to try to push him to honor the price for me, but I did mention that if customers who order what they think are bath towels and receive hand towels than they will probably have quite a few complaints. He just assured me that the issue had been raised so that was that.

So I am just wondering if anyone had gotten these yet. They are actually quite nice so if they actually did send out bath towels than it is a great bargain and I want to order before midnight tonight! I am wondering if he just tried to put me off buying and maybe I should just give it a go anyway.

Hope someone can help! Thank you! :)
  • nico26
    nico26 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    This happened a couple of years ago as well with the bath towels. Harrods phoned me to let me know and asked if I wanted them at the correct price but I said no and they just cancelled them. They don't need to honour the price.
  • yazzine
    yazzine Posts: 258 Forumite
    edited 25 June 2013 at 9:11AM
    Options
    poolguy wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered these received them?
    :)

Sorry :( I just saw your question.

I showed the sale link to a friend who then wanted to buy the set for a wedding present for her son (So that was a mix of the white and brown as not all the sizes are in the sale), she asked me to order for her which I did and they arrived on the monday.

Personally I would not waste my money just for a logo as the quality is not what I would have expected. I have towels from TKMax and they are of much better quality.

Yes she got the bath towel for £9.95.

Edit: It's still up at that price just checked - so 'problem' not sorted.
  • poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    yazzine wrote: »
    Sorry :( I just saw your question.

I showed the sale link to a friend who then wanted to buy the set for a wedding present for her son (So that was a mix of the white and brown as not all the sizes are in the sale), she asked me to order for her which I did and they arrived on the monday.

Personally I would not waste my money just for a logo as the quality is not what I would have expected. I have towels from TKMax and they are of much better quality.

Yes she got the bath towel for £9.95.

Edit: It's still up at that price just checked - so 'problem' not sorted.

Thanks very much for replying. I will go ahead and order and hope for the best :)

I agree with you, they aren't amazing, but I am a bit of a sucker for brands, *blushes*, and they will definitely be an improvement to my current towels which are hand-me-downs from my parents haha.

Cheers! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport