Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alirob12
    • By alirob12 29th May 07, 8:14 AM
    • 792Posts
    • 31Thanks
    alirob12
    Best short term investment??Help needed?
    • 29th May 07, 8:14 AM
    Best short term investment??Help needed? 29th May 07 at 8:14 AM
    Hi, I am borrowing 1bout 15k on my CCs, with 0% interest, I can pay off £700/month, but shall I pay minimum every month - about £100 and put £600away in a high interest account? I would put it away every month for about 2 years? I already have an ISA, so whic should be best? what highest interest accounts are there available, and how much can of extra interest can I get?
Page 1
  • debbie42
    • 29th May 07, 1:14 PM
    • 29th May 07, 1:14 PM
    If it's 0% interest on the cc, you may as well invest it to get some returns, as long as you can be strict with your finances!
    There's a "stooze" board on here with info on this.
    Debbie
    • alirob12
    • By alirob12 29th May 07, 1:36 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    alirob12
    • 29th May 07, 1:36 PM
    • 29th May 07, 1:36 PM
    hi yes it will be on 0%, and I have been stoozing for a while, my question is where to put £600 rather than just pay the CCs off, I may as well put in somewhere to get that extra little bit?
    Thanks
  • tom188
    • 29th May 07, 1:40 PM
    • 29th May 07, 1:40 PM
    IceSave? ICICI HiSave? a combination of regular savers eg Yorkshire Building Society RS + others? all high paying accounts.

If you early repayment is likely/possibly required go with one of the first 2, otherwise the 3rd will pay better but with less flexibility.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,348Users online

Martin's Twitter