Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Jonny_BB
    Economy 10
    • 28th May 07, 3:43 PM
    Economy 10 28th May 07 at 3:43 PM
    Hi,

I'm currently with Powergen for my electricity (don't have gas at my property) and am looking to see if I can get a better deal by switching. The trouble I've run accross is that I am on economy 10, which seems to be a mythical electricity tarrif as it is mentioned neither on providers' websites nor price comparison sites. For those who aren't familiar with it, on economy 10 the heaters and boiler are on a special meter that switches itself on three times daily and uses a cheaper rate for 'stored heat'. This is great in pricinpal, but it does mean that if I want to take advantage of the cheaper rate (and why woudn't I?) I have to be on an economy 10 tarrif and use the heating and boiler for 10 hours per day (or remember/get up in the middle of the night to turn it on/off manually).

So, my question: is there anyone out there who is familiar enough with economy 10 to advise me which companies support it and whether there are any price comparison services that I can phone to obtain a quote?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,423Posts Today

8,173Users online

Martin's Twitter