IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

FOI Request on DVLA for EDI requests 04/2012 to 03/2013

Options
FOI Request - How many EDI requests for the dates below

01/04/12 - 31/03/13

ParkingEye - 684,784
Ranger Services - 220,749
Compex Development & Marketing - 169,736
Roxburghe UK Ltd - 90,321
Town and City Parking - 85,012
Excel Parking - 82,421
Creative Car Park Management T/A Civil Enforcement Ltd - 81,817
Euro Car Parks - 74,756
G24 Ltd - 68,789
Athena ANPR - 62,891
U K Parking Control Ltd - 62,283
Euro Parking Collection - 39,511
Met Parking - 38,042
UK CPS Ltd - 35,764
Debt Recovery Plus - 30,288
APCOA Parking (UK) LTD - 18,119
TPS Parking Solutions Ltd - 15,262
New Generation Parking - 11,130
Britannia Parking - 8,857
Vehicle Control Solutions - 5,125
Observices - 5,058
LCP Parking Services Ltd - 3,547
Parking Control Management UK LTD - 1,927
FMG Support - 878
Local Parking Security Ltd - 505

Total Requests - 1,897,572

While DVLA holds statistics on the total number of paper applications received, it does not hold separate figures on the number received from private parking companies. The total for all
enquiries via the paper channel for the period 01/04/12 to 31/03/13 is shown below. This total includes other customers such as Finance houses, property managers and private individuals
along with private parking companies that can provide ‘reasonable cause’ for receiving the information.

Year Total
01/04/12 - 31/03/13
When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
We don't need the following to help you.
Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
:beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:

Comments

• atilla
    atilla Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good one.
    Shows what a scam this is.
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    1,897,572 x £2.50 = £4,743,930
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you also FOI'd the Small Claims Court?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    It also shows that the dvla got paid £4,743,930 in the 12 month period just for the electronic link. And £1,711,960 came from parking eye. Is it any wonder they will turn the other cheek to deliberate breaches of the code of practice by these scammers?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »

No as some must be going through the system yet, probably give it a few more months I think
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    I've already done that, to get the figures for 01/01/2012 to 31/12/2012. Response is due very shortly.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There are notable omissions from that list NCP & Vinci amongst them. As far as I know they are not part of another group who is listed here (like Smart is Town and City Parking) nor are they using a 3rd party (not even sure they are allowed to do this anyway).
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 May 2013 at 9:12AM
    Options
    Just been reading the Parking Prankster's blog on this subject. In reply to his FoI request to DVLA, this paragraph made interesting reading:
    The figures above represent authorised or completed requests. No electronic requests are declined/refused as this is an automated process. For paper enquiries DVLA does not record the number of rejects they are simply returned with the payment to the requester, stating the reason for rejection.

Links:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/160295/response/388954/attach/2/FOIR3417%20Craig%20Lewis.pdf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=8

And there was me thinking that they had some checks and balances in the system!! Silly me :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    The dvla has been forced to take down words to the effect that each application is checked from their website, Martin Cutts was involved with a few people from pepipoo I believe. Also it wasn't his (PP) FOI request but mine.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The EDI requests are available to all BPA AOS members who have signed up and paid the fee for this service.

When they send an electronic request, there is no manual intervention from anyone at the DVLA, the system simply returns the Keeper At Date Of Event (KADOE), and the system is also used by councils and other statutory bodies. The fact that the system isn't just for PPCs is trotted out by the DVLA as their excuse for not shutting the whole thing down, even when they are aware of the misuse of data by many of the BPA's finest.

Around 4% of electronic requests are returned as "not satisfied", these are when there is no RK recorded due to change of ownership etc., or when the registration number doesn't exist.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure