🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How many mag daily compers?

Options
Hi Guys.. and Happy Easter to you all,

I know there have been a lot of questions about magazine daily comps recently, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how many mag daily compers there are out there and if you also do all 3 bonus entries?

The reason I ask is that for the last 2 months I have been spending over 2 hours every single day doing loads of daily comps and not won a sausage... I'm spending that much time on the dailies that I'm not spending as much time on other comps and as a result won nothing at all in March. I'm wondering whether to go back to how I comped before or to keep going with the daily comps.....

I haven't been doing every single daily comp, but I've been doing most of the ones from marie clare, pick me up, chat, womans own, womans weekly, wotv, look, now and woman magazine... anything of any value like weekends away, spa breaks, theme park tickets, beauty products, vouchers etc.

I also only get the 1 extra bonus as I only tweet... Are most of the winners doing all 3 every day?
2012 wins = £933 :j
2013 wins so far = £4,025 :j

July wins: Holiday to Marbella :j

Comments

• mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've won prob once a month on the mags, I never ever share for bonus entries, and never enter the spa breaks, weekends away, tickets etc, but I do make a point of doing all the mags every day. Not sure if that's any help to you or not though!
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • Worriedmummy
    Options
    that does help thanks - I'll keep going!!
    Do you mind me asking what kind of things you have won?
    2012 wins = £933 :j
    2013 wins so far = £4,025 :j

July wins: Holiday to Marbella :j
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 31 March 2013 at 5:07PM
    Options
    i do the mag comps every morning, i don't share,
    & i've won quite a few times on them,
    not sure if that helps either but have found since using
    compsalexs help thread & how they're listed now it save me loads of time x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've won two different shop vouchers, toys, a box of diarys and a game, and a couple other things last year but can't for the life of me remember what!
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    that does help thanks - I'll keep going!!
    Do you mind me asking what kind of things you have won?

I do the daily mags, probably every day and have won 7 times this year, assortment of things such as DVD, book, £100 gift card, 2 day Break etc, all of which I think makes them worth doing.

However now that prizes are being spread over several of the sites, I may stop doing those as think it is too much time spent and less chance of winning ;)
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I enter the all daily - only share for extra entries if required. I've been pretty lucky this year - 9 prizes in 3 months
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • mar30
    mar30 Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    I've won twice in 1 year, both low value prizes - a pair of scissors and a watch. The watch I entered once on the last day, the scissors about 5 times.
    I was told the bonus entries are not actual entries into that particular prize but so you can go beyond the 25 entries per magazine allowed per day. Was I told wrong?
    2014 - £1236
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mar30 wrote: »
    I've won twice in 1 year, both low value prizes - a pair of scissors and a watch. The watch I entered once on the last day, the scissors about 5 times.
    I was told the bonus entries are not actual entries into that particular prize but so you can go beyond the 25 entries per magazine allowed per day. Was I told wrong?

You are right - sharing only gives you extra entries (some mags like Marie C only let you enter 6 comps a day so you have to share to be able to enter more than 6) Sharing doesn't give you extra entries into the comp you have shared.
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been doing them since Christmas and I have won a few things, the best was £100 Mango gift voucher. I only share on twitter now. At first, I was sharing all I could, as I was under the misapprehension that this gave you an extra entry into the competition. Considering how many people have not won anything since Christmas, I am quite happy with my few things.
  • EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I do some of the dailies (when i remember!) that interest me and have been doing so for about a month. Haven't won anything yet but it doesn't put me off. As long as I continue to have the time to do them, it's no great hardship.

To be honest when I go back to work I imagine I'll ditch the dailies due to lack of time.
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport