Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    b_girl
    Seller not moving
    • 26th Mar 13, 11:50 AM
    Seller not moving 26th Mar 13 at 11:50 AM
    Hi,

Iím looking for some advice on my current house situation. My husband and I have only purchased one property before which was a new build flat so the process was very straight forward. Now weíre in a tricky situation and weíre not sure what we can do.
    We are in the process of selling our flat (accepted offer on it in early Jan) and found another house to move to (again, our offer was accepted in early Jan). Our buyer wants us to be out by the end of April.

Our seller has made an accepted offer on their next house at the same time as we made the offer on their house. However, they are now waiting on those people to find another house. According to the EA they are only looking for houses in one particular road so Iím not sure how long it is going to take them to find somewhere.
    About a month ago our sellers said that if their sellers had not found anywhere in 2 weeks they would move into rented accommodation as they didnít want to lose us as buyers. However, 2 weeks passed and we were informed that they are now refusing to move until they can move into their next house.

EA advised us to keep looking around for other properties but to keep our offer on the table, which we have been doing but havenít found anywhere we like as much/is as suitable as this place.

Now weíre in a situation where we have a month before our buyer wants us out and still no progress on the house. We have took a year to sell our one bedroom flat (had very little interest in it) and as we now have a 5 week old baby we donít want to risk losing our buyer.

It seems our only options are to either rent (but obviously couldnít sign up to a long term lease so that could be quite problematic) or for my husband to move into his parentsí tiny bungalow and me and my baby daughter to move 30 miles away to my parentsí house.

I suppose what I want to know is, is there anything we could do to Ďhurry upí our sellers? We donít want to make empty threats but we feel like this situation could go on and on. I canít see why they are doing this as surely if we pull out then theyíll also have to pull out of their next house?

I would appreciate some advice on this situation. Weíre getting very worried. Is there anything we can do or is it just a case of waiting?

Trying to live a good life on little money
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,392Posts Today

6,558Users online

Martin's Twitter