Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

First Great Western
    • 24th Feb 13, 3:29 PM
    First Great Western 24th Feb 13 at 3:29 PM
    Afternoon all,

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, not really sure where it should go.

On the 28th of January, I was meant to be travelling from Dorchester to Bristol to catch a flight back up to Inverness. Got to the station 10 minutes before the train was scheduled to leave, few other people there too. After about 15 minutes got a bit concerned and asked the others if they were waiting for the same train which they were. We waited another 10 minutes before phoning FGW, we got through to a lady who said the service had been cancelled and unfortunately that was all she knew.

I had already paid for my train ticket 13, and had to make the flight due to working later that day. I had to fork out for a taxi which cost over 100. I have the receipt for this.

I then emailed FGW when I got home, had the usual automated response. Waited 5 working days and emailed again, again getting the same response. I then decided to tweet them publicly and got a reply saying they apologised for the for the delay.

I am still awaiting an email from them confirming if I can be refunded for the above, now as it is almost a month later I am wondering is there somewhere else I can go to make a complaint?

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

310Posts Today

1,391Users online

Martin's Twitter