IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
First Great Western
Views: 804
# 1
InvernessIron
Old 24-02-2013, 3:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default First Great Western

Afternoon all,

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, not really sure where it should go.

On the 28th of January, I was meant to be travelling from Dorchester to Bristol to catch a flight back up to Inverness. Got to the station 10 minutes before the train was scheduled to leave, few other people there too. After about 15 minutes got a bit concerned and asked the others if they were waiting for the same train which they were. We waited another 10 minutes before phoning FGW, we got through to a lady who said the service had been cancelled and unfortunately that was all she knew.

I had already paid for my train ticket 13, and had to make the flight due to working later that day. I had to fork out for a taxi which cost over 100. I have the receipt for this.

I then emailed FGW when I got home, had the usual automated response. Waited 5 working days and emailed again, again getting the same response. I then decided to tweet them publicly and got a reply saying they apologised for the for the delay.

I am still awaiting an email from them confirming if I can be refunded for the above, now as it is almost a month later I am wondering is there somewhere else I can go to make a complaint?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
thelawnet
Old 24-02-2013, 3:45 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Two hours between trains there is it?

I don't think they are liable for the taxi fare, only for the ticket cost unfortunately.
# 3
InvernessIron
Old 24-02-2013, 3:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Yeah roughly that.

Not so bothered about that, more the lack of feedback I have received.
# 4
macman
Old 24-02-2013, 4:06 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

You need to fill in and submit the refund form in order to get your ticket cost reimbursed.
No free lunch, and no free laptop
# 5
dzug1
Old 24-02-2013, 4:10 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Did you actually ask for delay repay or just make a general complaint? Have you sent them the ticket?

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/~...0313451001.pdf
# 6
geordie_taxi
Old 24-02-2013, 8:01 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

send this bloke an email and see what happens. do the usual stating how disappointed u r with the service u received from fail great western both their train service been cancelled and the lack of a descent reply from their customer services dept/twitter

attach photocopies of ur rail tickets/air tickets and taxi fare and see wot happens.

CEO's PA will pay u compo to go away and stop bothering them unlike their customer services dept who will mumble rubbish and fob u off hoping u go away.

Mark.Hopwood@firstgroup.com