Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 22nd Feb 13, 5:17 PM
    • 31,081Posts
    • 39,468Thanks
    Tixy
    Notice to Newcomers re Trolls - part 12 & 3/4
    • 22nd Feb 13, 5:17 PM
    Notice to Newcomers re Trolls - part 12 & 3/4 22nd Feb 13 at 5:17 PM
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Report” icon, as shown below:

Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the MSE team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
Page 2
    • IF
    • By IF 23rd Feb 13, 8:30 AM
    • 34,276 Posts
    • 87,521 Thanks
    IF
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Report” icon, as shown below:

Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the MSE team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
    • IF
    • By IF 23rd Feb 13, 8:35 AM
    • 34,276 Posts
    • 87,521 Thanks
    IF
    Morning all

Can't believe I missed all the cake!!

This is clever!!

• solventsoon
    Morning all
    Originally posted by ifwisheswerehorses...
    Morning If

Can't believe I missed all the cake!!
    Neither can I! I think we might have left you some though

This is clever!!
    It is..... that is one clever mutt!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
  • solventsoon
    Here you are.... I knew there was a piece somewhere for you

Morning everyone

It's Saturday

Have a good day
  • solventsoon
    A quick shove back up the board for Fred.. this one's behaving no better than the other one by the looks of it
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 23rd Feb 13, 1:50 PM
    • 15,260 Posts
    • 68,726 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Afternoon everyone

That is a very clever dog If
    Can't believe you missed the cake either Good job spoon saved you a piece

Hope you're all well and keeping warm.
    More snow here

Enjoy your weekend.
    Off to put some more stuff on fleabay as it's free listings weekend
    We will be rich eventually
    Live like you mean it.

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 23rd Feb 13, 2:18 PM
    • 8,362 Posts
    • 50,250 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Good afternoon all, snowy here today!

Well, if Fred mark 12 and three quarters thinks he is going to misbehave like his predecessor, he is in for a big shock! He can jolly well roll up his sleeves and start clearing the place up after yesterday's new thread party - look at the state of this place, crisp crumbs and cake squashed into the sofa cushions, red wine stains on the carpet ....and is that vomit in the aspidistra?????
    That should leave Fred with no time to go wandering down the page.....
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash
  • solventsoon
    Happy fleabaying Bear.. I keep hoping it's going to make me rich as well, but as I haven't put anything on it so far I may have some time to wait

I think you're right about the aspidistra Nargle I didn't look properly earlier.

Fred... mop and bucket out please, then the hoovering, then you can tackle those red wine stains. Honestly some people clearly can't hold their drink Naughty step for you m'lad if you keep misbehaving

It's snowing here but not settling so far thank goodness. What happened to Spring last week???????
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 23rd Feb 13, 2:53 PM
    • 15,260 Posts
    • 68,726 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Live like you mean it.

• Shovel Lad
    • By Shovel Lad 23rd Feb 13, 3:57 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 3,618 Thanks
    Shovel Lad
    Hello

Look at the state of the place

Love the clever dog If and the party bird Bear

I'll just round Fred up to do some cleaning.

Normal service will be resumed shortly.
    The first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.
    Lad
    Pronunciation: /læd/
    Forms:ME–15 ladde, 15–17 Sc. lawd, 16 ladd, ME– lad.
    Etymology:Middle English ladde, of obscure origin
    c. A stable-groom of any age; also, a female one.
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 23rd Feb 13, 4:28 PM
    • 4,754 Posts
    • 14,131 Thanks
    Growurown
    Oooh-er I have a headache. Too much wine at last night's party and I am definitely not responsible for the aspidistra.

Love the skate boarding doggy.

I'm off to get a cloth to help with the clean up (and no my name is not Granville)

DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 23rd Feb 13, 4:36 PM
    • 8,362 Posts
    • 50,250 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Now our new place is all nice and clean again, how about tea and cakes? Or those dainty little sandwiches with the crusts cut off? Egg and cress, grated cheese, ham and mustard - but definitely no spam!
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash
    • Shovel Lad
    • By Shovel Lad 23rd Feb 13, 4:45 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 3,618 Thanks
    Shovel Lad
    Oooh-er I have a headache. Too much wine at last night's party and I am definitely not responsible for the aspidistra.

Love the skate boarding doggy.

I'm off to get a cloth to help with the clean up (and no my name is not Granville)

Originally posted by Growurown
    Thank you for the help

Now our new place is all nice and clean again, how about tea and cakes? Or those dainty little sandwiches with the crusts cut off? Egg and cress, grated cheese, ham and mustard - but definitely no spam!
    Originally posted by Nargleblast
    Yes please, sounds yummy
    The first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.
    Lad
    Pronunciation: /læd/
    Forms:ME–15 ladde, 15–17 Sc. lawd, 16 ladd, ME– lad.
    Etymology:Middle English ladde, of obscure origin
    c. A stable-groom of any age; also, a female one.
    • IF
    • By IF 23rd Feb 13, 4:46 PM
    • 34,276 Posts
    • 87,521 Thanks
    IF
    Afternoon

Here you are.... I knew there was a piece somewhere for you

Originally posted by solventsoon

Perfick!!
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 23rd Feb 13, 4:59 PM
    • 4,754 Posts
    • 14,131 Thanks
    Growurown
    Here you go Nargleblast

Although I think this is more my cup of tea

• solventsoon
    Hnmmm... how about the red wine stains though

Originally posted by Nargleblast
    Oooh... egg and cress please Nargle, with brown bread

Afternoon
    Perfick!!
    Good, that's If sorted out then with the chocolate cake... I'd advise everyone grabs a piece now, she's like a hoover with chocolate cake
  • solventsoon
    Here you go Nargleblast

Although I think this is more my cup of tea

Are you feeling peckish G ?
  • solventsoon
    More cakes anyone?

• Growurown
    • By Growurown 23rd Feb 13, 5:16 PM
    • 4,754 Posts
    • 14,131 Thanks
    Growurown
    Are you feeling peckish G ?
    Originally posted by solventsoon
    Erm maybe just a bit

• IF
    • By IF 23rd Feb 13, 6:38 PM
    • 34,276 Posts
    • 87,521 Thanks
    IF
    Thanks for the cakes and tea spoony
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

638Posts Today

5,400Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sainsbury £2.60 prosecco trick problems. We're on it, full updates tomorrow am will go here... https://t.co/ho7332Amg6

• Wishing @andrew_oxlade uber personal finance editor at the Telegraph, best of luck in his new job. Nice working with you Andrew.

• Ive obsessed. I've not missed my 10k daily target since 20 Sept (inc days with food poisoning and a minor op) https://t.co/FNmAXgYU6k

• Follow Martin