Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cornz
    Home Top Up.
    • 18th Feb 13, 11:09 AM
    Home Top Up. 18th Feb 13 at 11:09 AM
    I am on prepay electricity with british gas (bless 'em) and I have recently opted to use their home top up. For anyone not familiar, its a usb device that you hook up to your pc, then you insert your key into it and you can load credit straight onto your key with a registered debit/credit card. In short it saves me a trip to the shops when i'm caught short on electricity.
    Sounds great but there are a few issues which might save others the hassle I have had.
    1. It only works with IE (Internet Explorer 7-9)
    2. It only works with IE x86 (32bit) It will not work with x64 under any circumstances.
    3. if, like me, you are running IE10 then you are also stuffed...Unless you run a registry hack to report to the top-up page that your IE10 is actually IE9.
    After finally sussing that lot out, its quite a decent system. You have to register your key but after that, with a user name and a password you can top up in seconds...
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

281Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin