🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Yes Car Credit

Options
Is anyone having any luck in claiming back PPI from these 'lovely' people. Mine with added interest is almost £5000
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You need to give far more information. When was this PPI purchased? What is the basis of your complaint? How have Yes Car Credit responded to it?
  • Penguin1950
    Penguin1950 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 February 2013 at 3:39PM
    Options
    I bought a car from them in March 2004.i was a temporary worker at the time and had just returned to work after having a knee replacement operation & needed a car to get to work as I could not walk far. I explained all this the salesman & he told me I would be fully covered if. I took their PPI insurance Which was total
    Nonsense.
    Can I claim on this ?
    I haven't contacted yes car credit yet
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I bought a car from them in March 2004
    Unfortunately, the car dealer will not have been regulated at the time of your purchase. Regulation only began in January 2005. As a result, they don't have to even consider a complaint from you.
    Sorry.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Worth a try though, for the cost of a stamp, you never know, nothing to lose.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    Worth a try though, for the cost of a stamp, you never know, nothing to lose.
    Well, it'll help the Post Office!:p
  • ukdarrenfan
    Options
    I'm in the position now of trying to reclaim from Yes Car Credit. We bought our car in 2002, so we are not able to take this to the FOS when they inevitably tell us that they are not going to give us a penny. However, I will be going through Money Claim online with a court case to reclaim what they owe. I hear others have had success with that, so that seems to be the route to take. They do try to put you off, but usually pay out in the end.
  • safestored4
    Options
    you will, of course, have to convince the court that the money is owed to you and this may not be as easy as you suppose. Expect to pay the other sides costs if you lose.
  • picky123
    Options
    However, I will be going through Money Claim online with a court case to reclaim what they owe. I hear others have had success with that, so that seems to be the route to take. They do try to put you off, but usually pay out in the end.

That wont work either. over six years makes it statute barred.

No money coming back, get over it.
  • ukdarrenfan
    Options
    picky123 wrote: »
    That wont work either. over six years makes it statute barred.

No money coming back, get over it.

Nice welcome to the forum...Actually that's not the case. If you check the FOS website you will see there is no time limit.

It has also been well documented that Yes Car Credit forced people to take out PPI and warranties that they didn't want telling them, no insurance, no car. Most people had no choice.
  • picky123
    Options
    You are getting mixed up between the fos and the law. You have already acknowledged that the fos will not be involved as it is pre 14 January 2005 and therefore unregulated.
    You are now saying that you will go through a court of law, which has it's own rules, one of which is six years and no case can be brought.
    By the way, the fos do have a time limit. Iris so years OR three years from date realised mis sold. The banks will soon close this off by claiming that no person could be unaware of the ppi issue with all the adverts etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport