Eharmony subcriptions - HELP please

Options
I joined eharmony last November 2012 for 2 months through Tesco and was not given the option to stop my subscription, I did not have the option as per instructions on the website which was to click on the revelant option so my subscription did not roll over. As a resuilt, they have continued the subscription and I will have £80 deducted which I do not want to. I am now 2 days out of the 7 days cooling off period (although I emailed yesterday and previously to explain but I never got a reply from the first email -I was on business and could not all either due to their opening hours) and I just wanted what my rights are. I am paniking as I can not afford it so this may sound a waffle. Any questions please ask and any advice would be greatly appreciates.
Many thanks!

Comments

• cee15
    Options
    Eharmony automatically renew your subscription for the time period you initially set up for unless you cancel your subscription prior to the renewal date, i.e. it wont automatically terminate. Seems rather unethical, i know!! If you call customer services you can get half of your money refunded to you as a "good will" gesture. I'm in the same predicament, so should I receive my stolen monies back in full then i will be sure to let you know.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cee15 wrote: »
    Eharmony automatically renew your subscription for the time period you initially set up for unless you cancel your subscription prior to the renewal date, i.e. it wont automatically terminate. Seems rather unethical, i know!! If you call customer services you can get half of your money refunded to you as a "good will" gesture. I'm in the same predicament, so should I receive my stolen monies back in full then i will be sure to let you know.

But it isn't 'stolen' money, you gave them permission to take it because you didnt cancel the subscription in time. Simple as that.

I hope you both get it sorted but that's marketing for you, follow the rules and you have no grounds for complaint.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport