20 Vanilla Pods £6 delivered

Options
Amys
Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 29 January 2013 at 5:54PM in Gone off!
Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Since the original offer below (20 vanilla pods for £6 on Amazon) has limited stock, we've been in touch with VanillaMart (see post #2), which has confirmed its 20 x Madagascan vanilla pods for £6.50 is available all the time, subject to availability. Thanks to Amys for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

I've seen poeple asking about vanilla on here in the past, and saw this, hope it helps someone.

20 Gourmet Indian Vanilla Pods
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gourmet-Indian-Vanilla-Pods-Beans/dp/B003ZE2OHU/ref=zg_bsms_grocery_10

If you want Madagascan there are some(20) for £8.50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Gourmet-Madagascan-Vanilla-Beans/dp/B00954DLBM/ref=pd_sim_grocery_3

Comments

• frugal_shopper_2
    frugal_shopper_2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2013 at 8:22PM
    Options
    Or you can save a bit more & buy them direct from VanillaMart who are the Amazon sellers.

The same Madagascan pods are only £6.50 if purchased direct from them & all UK orders are shipped free.
    http://www.vanillamart.co.uk/20-premium-gourmet-madagascan-bourbon-vanilla-pods/

They also have smaller packs for sale if you don't use many & a range of other vanilla products such as paste, powder, extract, seeds etc...
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a great price, I thought I got a bit of a bargain when I picked up 2 for £1.50 in M&S the other week! lol (but I rarely cook with them, so couldn't really justify buying 20). ;)
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my goodness, the ice cream I could make if I had 20....Not good for the hips!

:)
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh my goodness, the ice cream I could make if I had 20....Not good for the hips!

:)
    But completely delicious! I bought a load from Lidl when they were on offer a few months ago, so I'm ok for them now (although admittedly this is a bargain price).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    The vanillamart ones are excellent quality - much fresher and softer than the dried up ones you get in the supers
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • LexiPooch
    Options
    Thanks for this, I've ordered mine.
  • browneyedbazzi
    Options
    Thank you! I've been wanting to give vanilla pods a try for a long time but have been put off by the prices...I've ordered some now and can't wait for them to arrive so I can get baking :)
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • physicsgirl
    Options
    How long would vanilla pods keep for in the cupboard?
    November GC: £50.55/£130. October GC: £72.60/£150
    September GC: £131.27/£170. July GC: £62.48/£80. May GC: £135.00/£150
    April GC: £201.91/£140. March GC: £194.98/£200. January GC: £111.41/£200.
    December GC: £67.45/£80. Nov GC: £159.32/£220. October GC: £208.07/£250.
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    How long would vanilla pods keep for in the cupboard?

As per the site http://www.vanillamart.co.uk/storing-vanilla-pods/
    Vanilla pods actually improve with time. However it is important to store these pods correctly. Whilst Vanilla stored correctly will last almost indefinitely, you should use the pods purchased by the best before date on the pack (usually 2 years ).
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • Lil_L
    Lil_L Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, ordered some :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business