noddle credit score

Options
hi is this a correct credit score.. using noodle received email saying they can improve your credit score if you sign up paying a fee every month..

Comments

• Hazzinho
    Hazzinho Posts: 742 Forumite
    Options
    Credit scores mean very little as they don't take wages into account, banks have their own criteria. Just make sure the information that is displayed is accurate and that you're on the electoral roll.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like an odd email to have come from noddle. Paying to see your credit score won't improve your credit file at all.

Noddle offer free access to your credit report - thats the raw data on your report, which is what any potential lender sees - they do not see a 'score').

In terms of whether it is correct - the noddle credit report is correct for any items that are reported to noddle. But not all creditors report to all 3 of the agencies. To get a true picture of what is on your credit reports and so what any potential lender may see then you would need to get a copy of your report from all 3 agencies (experian, equifax and noddle which is callcredit).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • TheGenerus1
    Options
    elusive wrote: »
    hi is this a correct credit score.. using noodle received email saying they can improve your credit score if you sign up paying a fee every month..

I believe that fee that Noddle charge will tell you what areas of your report need improving i.e you have too many active accounts, you have no settled non mail order accounts etc.

It is then upto you to try and sort these areas out, not Noddle.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    They aren't giving free reports out of the goodness of their hearts, they want to make money by enticing some people to subscribe!
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    I have the free Noddle service. I have been invited to pay £20 per year for something called Noddle Improve which claims to offer advice on improving my "score". I guess this is what the OP has been offered.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • locotoro
    Options
    I'm not sure how accurate Noddle is to be honest.

I've got a clean credit file on about 5 accounts for the past 12 months and only 2 missed payments on 1 account within the last 18 months but still my rating is 1/5

Is this to be expected?

Debt Update: £4,617 :j:j:j

Start of Mission to eradicate debt (July 2013): £13,600

Target: Debt free by Dec 2014 (exc mortgage)
  • miketaff1408
    Options
    locotoro wrote: »

I've got a clean credit file on about 5 accounts for the past 12 months and only 2 missed payments on 1 account within the last 18 months but still my rating is 1/5

Is this to be expected?

not enough information there.

Are you only making minimum payments?

How much of your available credit are you utilising?

2 missed payments on 1 account will negate the fact you have 5 clean accounts.
  • miketaff1408
    Options

Is this to be expected?

But as said time and time again, this is Noddle's own score, and is intended as a very, very rough guide only. Lenders will not see the score, they have their own calculations for deciding credit risk.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options

Is this to be expected?

Depends what else is on your file - given such a low rating I would suspect perhaps it doesn't have you as being on the electoral roll at your current address?

Or that you have other significant issues older than the last 18months but within the last 6years (e.g. defaults / CCJs or worse).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'd say they are treating the 2 missed payments on the same account within 18 months as pretty serious lol!

it also means you file isn't "clean"!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport