Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • kingmonkey
    • By kingmonkey 28th Apr 07, 8:03 PM
    • 830 Posts
    • 252 Thanks
    kingmonkey
    • 28th Apr 07, 8:03 PM
    • 28th Apr 07, 8:03 PM
    I think you should treat cous cous as you would rice or mince.

If you cooled and refrigerated it quite soon after cooking then it would be safe to reheat.
  • Sharra
    • 28th Apr 07, 9:05 PM
    • 28th Apr 07, 9:05 PM
    It is very nice cold tho
  • katiekoo
    • 28th Apr 07, 9:54 PM
    • 28th Apr 07, 9:54 PM
    I love to add roasted veggies to cold couscous. It is such a nice food that you can mix with so many things....tomorrow we are having leftover roast chicken and veggies with leftover couscous. Such an easy and delicious meal. Yum!
    Katie.
    • belfastgirl23
    • By belfastgirl23 28th Apr 07, 11:17 PM
    • 7,597 Posts
    • 15,299 Thanks
    belfastgirl23
    • 28th Apr 07, 11:17 PM
    • 28th Apr 07, 11:17 PM
    I'd eat cold too...why risk it when it's yummy like this (and supposed to be hot again tomorrow )

• spaghetti monster
    • 11th Mar 08, 8:18 AM
    half-ton left over couscous
    • 11th Mar 08, 8:18 AM
    I'm now better with rice and pasta, but with couscous I make at least 4 times too much... (it just looks so little, dry in the bowl! )

I ate quite a lot of the left-overs yesterday for lunch and OH later announced he doesn't like it and only ate it because we had someone over for dinner! (which means I can con him into eating it if well disguised and yes, I'm talking about my OH, not a child!)

So, I just looked up some recipes for a cake or biscuits using couscous but not much luck - there were some but they called for dry couscous and you cook it with honey, orange juice/lemon juice. I guess it gets more flavour in.

I was also wondering if couscous is like rice - shouldn't really eat it so long after cooking.
    It's been sitting in the fridge since Sunday evening (with a bit of olive oil and raisins stirred in)

Any ideas welcome!
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 11th Mar 08, 8:37 AM
    • 13,811 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 11th Mar 08, 8:37 AM
    • 11th Mar 08, 8:37 AM
    Hi

See:-

The Complete Cooking Collection

Look under "Cous cous"

And:-

cous cous threads here on Old Style

HTH
    Last edited by squeaky; 11-03-2008 at 8:40 AM.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • chelms38
    • 27th Jul 12, 4:13 PM
    • 27th Jul 12, 4:13 PM
    Recent convert to cous cous after holiday in Crete and it is a nice change from pasta & rice as it is something light that can be eaten both hot or cold.
    • maman
    • By maman 27th Jul 12, 5:18 PM
    • 14,455 Posts
    • 85,553 Thanks
    maman
    • 27th Jul 12, 5:18 PM
    • 27th Jul 12, 5:18 PM
    Sorry, I can't answer your question but it's delicious cold with all salady bits chopped into it and some meat or tuna or even cheese cubes if you've got it. Ideal for a packed lunch as a change from sarnies.
    • kitschkitty
    • By kitschkitty 27th Jul 12, 6:30 PM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 5,043 Thanks
    kitschkitty
    Umm this is an old thread with no actual new questions in it at the mo.
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

467Posts Today

3,810Users online

Martin's Twitter