Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mootyhooty
    I tried to save money with santanders 123 ac...How regretful!!
    • 6th Dec 12, 10:14 PM
    I tried to save money with santanders 123 ac...How regretful!! 6th Dec 12 at 10:14 PM
    I received a phone call from the branch under the premise that they actually cared about saving me money. They said they wanted to review my accounts so they could save me some money & I'd have to pop into the branch...so i did.

The woman ran through all the gumph about a 123 account and to be honest made it sound fantastic, so i signed up. Then a few days later a credit card appeared through my letterbox...hmm i though why have they sent me this, I wasnt aware that I'd signed up for any such thing?

I called the branch a little bewildered and irritated tbh and spoke to the manager. But rather than taking my complaint seriously and actually listening to what was a serious failing by a member of staff under his (so called ) management all he could do was bombard me with how good the credit card was and that perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing if i hung on to it.

His deluded world must be such a gloomy place to be. It really was like speaking to one of those help desks where they read from a script at every turn except this guy barely gave me a chance to speak. He then decided to hang up on me...I couldnt believe it!!

I called straight back and continued to try to get mey point about being mis sold a credit card whan all I wanted was an upgrade on my bank ac. Until the bitter end of our telephone call he was relentless and even tried to put down the other high street credit card i already have.

This isnt the first incident with santande rby a long way. They also did the same thing to my mothers partner.

They also closed her ac and declared her deceased???

Must have had a shock when she walked into the branch alive and kicking with her ID.

Also locked my account for 6 MONTHS after i happened to pay for some petrol at a garage that had been cloning cards. Over the 6 month period I spoke with about 28 different members of santander staff over the telephone to various countries and in person in various branches. I even tried major city branches as i thought my local branch may not have been switched on as a big city branch.

Eventually the only way I could get to the money in this ac was by them transfering it into a new banck ac that I had to open!!!

I dont usually write on forums, but in this case i just wanted to make other people aware of how this so called business conducts themselves so nobody else has the misfortune of having to deal with them.

Be very wary.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

935Posts Today

6,371Users online

Martin's Twitter