IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye/Morrison's

Options
Hello, complete newbie here. Thanks to everyone for useful advice.

Overstayed my welcome on 24 October in a Morrison's car park (free for 3 hours, hey, it's Scotland, we tend not to pay for parking in supermarket etc car parks up here). Caught on camera and received Parking Charge Notice for £85 from Parking Spy on 1 November. Stupidly I appealed by email on 2 November on grounds of de minimis/cogent excuse. Got nowhere. I now know the appeals promise is a sham.

On Sat 17 November, sent email to Dalton Philips, Chief Executive of Morrisons plc, copying him into long email correspondece with Parking Idiots. On Mon 19 November I received confirmation that charge cancelled. Easy peasy.

With Morrison's, don't waste time at your local store. Go right to the top. The staff at your local store will tell you that head office don't have email. Rubbish. Send your email to Chief Executive Dalton Philips at dalton.philips@morrisonsplc.co.uk. Copy it o Louise Phillips (note different spelling) at louise.phillips@morrisonsplc.co.uk. She is designed as Team Coordinator-Estates and will do the legwork. You can get hold of Louise direct on 0845 6114817 but she responds quickly to email, and personally, unlike the idiots at Parking Spy. Say that you will never darken the door of Morrisons again unless the charge is cancelled.

19 days between receipt of PCN and cancellation. Feel quite proud of myself as a complete beginner at this daft game..

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 November 2012 at 2:49PM
    Options
    I think the staff you were talking to probably didn't know which email address. Or you were being rude. As there is email addresses on Morrisons website. I don't go out my way for rude customers.

Also why waste your time. Just file the notices away and ignore. I've had a couple from a Parking Eye car park in my town (not Morrisons) before. They soon give up after a couple of reminders.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the staff you were talking to probably didn't know which email address. Or you were being rude. As there is email addresses on Morrisons website. I don't go out my way for rude customers.

Also why waste your time. Just file the notices away and ignore. I've had a couple from a Parking Eye car park in my town (not Morrisons) before. They soon give up after a couple of reminders.

I disagree. I do think more people should be complaining to the top, with the big Supermarkets, about this attempted extortion of their paying customers.

Yes, for the faint-hearted or 'too busy' (fair enough) posters, there is the ignore option (and in Scotland the OP didn't have the POPLA stage to use) but COMPLAIN is the way forward to kick out these sharks in the long run.

Those direct email addies could be useful for some posters right now as we have at least one ongoing Morrisons complaint I think, about a breach of the Equality Act 2010 in trying to enforce a standard time on a disabled shopper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options

Any company stupid enough to use a PPC deserves rude customers !
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    If you were shopping with them for over three hours you would've thought they'd be very happy to have your custom?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I disagree. I do think more people should be complaining to the top, with the big Supermarkets, about this attempted extortion of their paying customers.

Yes, for the faint-hearted or 'too busy' (fair enough) posters, there is the ignore option (and in Scotland the OP didn't have the POPLA stage to use) but COMPLAIN is the way forward to kick out these sharks in the long run.

Those direct email addies could be useful for some posters right now as we have at least one ongoing Morrisons complaint I think, about a breach of the Equality Act 2010 in trying to enforce a standard time on a disabled shopper.

Yes I agree about complaining, but no point in complaining to staff on a store level.

Quite frankly, If I was the staff member you were complaining too I wouldn't give a toss about your ticket.
    SodG24 wrote: »
    Any company stupid enough to use a PPC deserves rude customers !

As my reply to Coupon-mad.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2012 at 4:24PM
    Options
    Yes I agree about complaining, but no point in complaining to staff on a store level.

Quite frankly, If I was the staff member you were complaining too I wouldn't give a toss about your ticket.

As my reply to Coupon-mad.

Hence why people should go as high as they can as soon as they can. If a CEO can't take a bit of rudeness because his / her company employs scamming criminals then he / she shouldn't be a CEO. It's pointless complaining at a store level.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Parking Eye and Morrisons aren't exactly best mates are they, following that recent court case?
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • grant_uk
    grant_uk Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    ManxRed wrote: »
    Parking Eye and Morrisons aren't exactly best mates are they, following that recent court case?

I thought that was Somerfield...
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    I'm getting old.

And forgetful.

Oh, and another thing, I'm getting old.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Hi there,

Just to protect my reputation, I was not rude to the local Morrison's staff (apologies if my posting name suggests I am a nasty person, I'm usually very meek).

I did visit the Morrisons store the week after I got the PCN in the post, sometime during week beginning 5 November. This was AFTER I has emailed my "appeal" to Parking Eye. I realise now, after reading rhis forum, that the "appeal" was pointless. I spoke to a young assistant manager. He promised to phone someone in head office to get the ticket cancelled (he said nobody locally had the power to get it cancelled). I asked for his (ie the assisyant mamanager's) email address and also the email address of his contact at head office, so I could get in touch to check on progress, and he replied that no-one has email at Morrisons. He took my phone number and promised to phone me with the result of his intervention. I heard nothing from him which is why, after allowing over a week, I made my own enquiries and contacted the CEO myself, with immediare result.

By the way, check the Morrisons website for yourself. No email addresses provided. Various 0845 phone nos and a website enquiry form (which I am sure will get you nowhere).

Okay, I accept that I could have saved myself time and ignored the PCN and just waited for the chain of letters to arrive. But I might have lost my nerve and paid up (never had a private parking ticket before) and I have saved myself a lot of angst.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure