Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    chickalittle
    CSA debt over 6 years can't be enforced?
    • 18th Apr 07, 8:26 AM
    CSA debt over 6 years can't be enforced? 18th Apr 07 at 8:26 AM
    Hi

Hopefully somebody can confirm this. I have nearly 3k outstanding maintenance that the CSA was collecting at the minimum amount of 5 per week as my ex went self employed and only declares minimum income. My ex ceased the payments last September and after chasing up with the CSA- I have been told that they can take no enforcement action against him for this amount as the debt originated from 6 years ago. It would appear my ex paid the minimum - waited the 6 years and is then able to simply walk away.

This just seems so unfair - the children and the cost of raising the children doesn't go away!

I was told that the CSA is bound by the creditors act or something?

Is that it for me and this money?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

793Posts Today

6,251Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART https://t.co/E25wIuhoHH via @YouTube

• Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

• You can judge your age by what #cilla means to you. For me its not the singing, its blind date and surprise surprise. Sad news #ripcilla

• Follow Martin