Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    jap200
    0 WOW
    Amazon 7bn sales, but no tax! Should we boycott Amazon this Christmas?
    • 12th Nov 12, 7:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Amazon 7bn sales, but no tax! Should we boycott Amazon this Christmas? 12th Nov 12 at 7:23 PM
    I run a small limited company - just me - no employees, and I pay 15,000 to 20,000 corporation tax each year, which is 20% of my profits. I would rather keep the lot, but I don't because tax is a fact of life which keeps this country going.

However, Amazon made 7bn profits in the UK last year (allegedly) and managed not to pay any UK corporation at all. Is this fair? I think not!

Read the full story here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/04/amazon-british-operation-corporation-tax

It has become all too easy just to click and buy from Amazon and I am guilty of it probably several times a month. But I have decided to try and have an Amazon-free Christmas this year. It won't be easy...Black Friday is coming up...but it just doesn't seem fair that they can take such a large slice of sales in the UK without putting anything back.

Anyone want to join me? We are going to have to work just that little bit harder to match or beat Amazon prices on what we want to buy.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,193Posts Today

8,413Users online

Martin's Twitter