Co Funds change

Hi All, I have a Co-fund account managed through Willis Owen, just sort of sat there so I have decided I should review if any good and make changes if I have to. Two funds (in isas) in co-fund Invesco European Equity fund and a little in Aviva Investors property trust.

2 questions should I make changes if so any thoughts to who next question are Willis Owen good any thoughts about others if not them to manage

Must stress been lazy and must improve with respect to this investment Thanks so any help appreciated :)

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,911
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have a Co-fund account managed through Willis Owen

From what I can see, they are not managing anything. They are just the servicing agent. They are DIY and eliminate the initial charge as no advice is being given.
    2 questions should I make changes if so any thoughts to who next question are Willis Owen good any thoughts about others if not them to manage

Willis Owen are doing nothing other than giving you an key to invest on the Cofunds platform for which they are paid around 0.5% p.a. So, you cant say they are good or bad as they not doing anything that can be measured that way.

You choose your investments with the option you have.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mr_Pegs
    Mr_Pegs Posts: 78
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »
    From what I can see, they are not managing anything. They are just the servicing agent. They are DIY and eliminate the initial charge as no advice is being given.

Willis Owen are doing nothing other than giving you an key to invest on the Cofunds platform for which they are paid around 0.5% p.a. So, you cant say they are good or bad as they not doing anything that can be measured that way.

You choose your investments with the option you have.
    Thanks do you have any thoughts to good funds or do you consider current ones I have good performing
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,515
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

As per the comment above if you move to another agent using the Cofunds platform you should be able to get the 0.5% pa refunded. I use Cavendish Online and all the commission is rebated which is a useful addition to the portfolio.

If those are the only funds you hold then you may want to look at diversifying your portfolio to have a wider selection of areas but which will depend on your age, attitude to risk and other factors like savings and pensions.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Mr_Pegs
    Forumite
    jimjames wrote: »
    As per the comment above if you move to another agent using the Cofunds platform you should be able to get the 0.5% pa refunded. I use Cavendish Online and all the commission is rebated which is a useful addition to the portfolio.

If those are the only funds you hold then you may want to look at diversifying your portfolio to have a wider selection of areas but which will depend on your age, attitude to risk and other factors like savings and pensions.

I will take a look at Cavendish online,, age I retire in 6 years,, I save in cash isa,, teachers pension in future after 32 years,, dont like risk any thoughts? :)
  • Mr_Pegs
    Forumite
    Mr_Pegs wrote: »
    I will take a look at Cavendish online,, age I retire in 6 years,, I save in cash isa,, teachers pension in future after 32 years,, dont like risk any thoughts? :)

Sorry should add 'any thoughts for diversification'
  • Mr_Pegs
    Forumite
    Another question what is difference between co-funds and Fidelity FundsNetwork as Cavendish state if I transfer from Willis Owen to them I cant have co-funds and must have fundsnetwork so anyone any dealing with both funds?
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,393
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Mr_Pegs wrote: »
    Another question what is difference between co-funds and Fidelity FundsNetwork as Cavendish state if I transfer from Willis Owen to them I cant have co-funds and must have fundsnetwork so anyone any dealing with both funds?

They are not funds.

Cofunds and Fidelity FundsNetwork are both funds supermarkets ( or funds platforms) which offer access to funds from all the different fund houses. The price at which they offer this service will vary and one may ofer a fund that the other does not and vice versa.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,911
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Cofunds is opening its platform up to clean share classes and non-commission paying investments if you go down the unbundled option. Other unbundled platforms have near 30,000 investment options available. How far Cofunds will move from its 1500 to that is not known at this time.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,277
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Cofunds is opening its platform up to clean share classes and non-commission paying investments if you go down the unbundled option. Other unbundled platforms have near 30,000 investment options available.
    Interesting. I hadn't heard about it previously.
    How far Cofunds will move from its 1500 to that is not known at this time.
    1700 now and they will add another 300 by the end of the year apparently.
    http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline/news/2207779/cofunds-unbundled-model-goes-live

The pricing sounds very similar to the Fidelity FundsNetwork unbundled option.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,492
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 14 November 2012 at 10:48PM
    If you are under the existing bundled platform, how do you calculate whether it is worthwhile to change to the unbundled version?

For example switching a 20K fund in the bundled is 0.25% or around £50 and free in the unbundled, but if your total Cofunds portfolio is say 100K, the unbundled will cost around £290 a year.

Does it depend purely on how often you want to switch funds? I'm with Cavendish with full rebates at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure