Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Queeny_chick
    GAP Insurance? Is it PPI?
    • 31st Oct 12, 9:01 PM
    GAP Insurance? Is it PPI? 31st Oct 12 at 9:01 PM
    I was sold "gap insurance" along with my car loan, via the car dealership. I distinctly remember being pressured into having this "gap insurance" and was even told I needed to see the manager, before reluctantly agreeing to it, it was described as insurance that would pay any gap in the value of my outstanding loan to the amount the insurance might pay out on the value of the car. The loan was paid off quite some years ago, I have written to Black Horse for my T&C's, after asking me to prove my maiden name, its been 6 weeks since I last heard anything, I am not sure if it is worth pursuing. A few questions;
    1 - Is it the same as PPI?
    2 - If yes, should I not bother with the T&C's and go straight for requesting my money back.
    3 - Because it was sold via a car dealership do I have any claim anyway, I think this dealership has since gone bust.

I am grateful for any help and am really only doing this in the hope of stopping the 3 calls per day I get from PPI companies.

Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

186Posts Today

1,731Users online

Martin's Twitter